ID:134196

I don't know about anyone else, but when I map something I try to make it seem as natural as possible and try to eliminate the grid feeling. Since the map maker works in layers, would it not be possible to make it so that the snap to grid style of mapping that DM currently uses would be able to be toggled so that you could place a turf anywhere on screen? What I mean is, could the mapping portion of Dream Maker have its grid togglable to make mapping a natural looking enviroment more easy? I think it would be a great improvement and cut loose some of the restrictions of mapping.

Also, what if DM would let you manipulate the size of turfs so that you would not have to blow them up or shrink them down in a painting program everytime you wanted something to be a bit smaller or larger? Just a few ideas I feel would make mapping a bit easier. :)
It's not happening. It either require a complete rewrite of the BYOND engine to allow non-grid stuff, or a major rewrite of the DM editor for the 'hack' version that just overlays the icon for the turf over multiple squares rather then actually having a turf straddling gridlines.

Plus, you can do that hack in code. Well, a programmer can if you can't program in DM.
I think I know what you mean. I believe you're saying you want the map editor to be able to move by pixels rather than tiles. I'd like to see this too. Then it could modify the object's pixel_x and pixel_y variable automatically. That doesn't seem too hard at all.

And with the new multi-tile object support coming in, that could be a great addition to the map editor.