In response to Elation
When you've got five people down your throat when you're just trying to get a simple thing added for those who lack experience, then you've be defense as well. All I want to do is make BYOND easier so that people can actually make their dream with a sub-par amount of experience, and I'm, being flamed for it! Christ people learn some manners: when someone is trying to help others, for a genuine good reason, don't flame him and take apart every little thing! Also, read his/her statement first so that you take in every detail before commenting, even if it's to flame (this would have erased half this thread's post FYI).
In response to FinalFantasyFreak
It's okay, when 4.0 comes around, Dream Maker will be as easy to learn as it gets.
In response to Hell Ramen
Lol, funny. My bet is that all the simply tasks (Say, World_Say, etc) will be programmed in with different variabled like html_encode, 1 for one, 0 for off, etc. With an option for color and the like. But like wise I think we'll see a lot of {} in the code to make most codes a single line, so as to get a lot of the current programmers and new programmers in to using those more often for a quirer learning cap. I simply write out my current codes for a visual, but once everything's complete I plan to bracket everything to cut the size down considerably.
wot are you on about
In response to Elation
BYOND 4.0 >.>

<.<

Yep, just that and cutting back on file size. But we need to get back on topic. Can any BYOND staff member comment on this?
FinalFantasyFreak wrote:
When you've got five people down your throat when you're just trying to get a simple thing added for those who lack experience

Then do as Jon88 suggested in [link] and make a library for such simple things. Then they won't have to write them, and you won't have to bicker with five people in your throat.

Slightly elsewhere, FinalFantasyFreak wrote:
Can any BYOND staff member comment on this?

Lummox JR did: [link]

Hiead

FinalFantasyFreak wrote:
There's not much more they can add.... Not like they're going to add on a code just to create text.

I haven't heard much about it lately, but if I remember right that's one of the better features of BYOND v4.0.
Uh, yea: [link]
In response to Popisfizzy
thread serves no purpose any more. closed due to crying/whining/subtle flaming and general unwarrented nastiness.

bad dog! bad!
Page: 1 2