ID:134443

I just wanted to know if the BYOND membership is $15 a month or for life. I seriously want to get it since I've been on BYOND for about 5 years now and has grown on me. Are the features of any interest?
15 a year. If you would read all the information about it, you would know that.
Tazor07 wrote:
I just wanted to know if the BYOND membership is $15 a month or for life.

Neither option is correct. $15 a YEAR. It's all explained here.

Tazor07 wrote:
Are the features of any interest?

It's hard to generalize it because people like different things. If you like to write a blog or journal, you get one of those. You get storage space and bandwidth to keep stuff, which is particularly useful if you're a developer because you can keep hosting files, screenshots, and etc. there. You get full use of the pager, you can watch games in your pager, you can rank games, and they try to give members an edge on BYOND contests/competitions.
In response to Justin Knight
Justin Knight, since you seem to be the more sensible one, I will ask you. What ways are there to pay?
The membership costs $15 per year -- a dollar and a quarter per month. That's less than the cost of soda you'd buy for a party, and the Great Party On The 'Net that is BYOND Membership lasts all year, dude! Go for it -- you get the BYOND pager, file hosting, blog, and you get to make a worthwhile donation to Dantom.
In response to PirateHead
Thanks piratehead, I went for it. Through paypal, how long does it take to get the membership?

Nevermind, I think it's already on O_o
In response to Tazor07
Tazor07 wrote:
I will ask you. What ways are there to pay?

Ungh. It says the payment methods when you goto get one.

When will people learn that you read first, then ask.
In response to Smoko
Be nice to him, he just gave Dantom money. ;-)
I can't believe you all forgot about creating and joining guilds :(
Not to mention the fun avatar.
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
Tazor07 wrote:
I will ask you. What ways are there to pay?

Ungh. It says the payment methods when you goto get one.

When will people learn that you read first, then ask.

People don't exactly try to find out how to pay by trying to pay. It's perfectly reasonable to want to know the method of paying before deciding whether to pay or not.

As for your problem about him not knowing how long the membership will last, read the BYOND membership info page - it doesn't actually say how long the membership will last (it only says it for BYONDscape).
In response to DarkCampainger
You're so annoying. I'm not a walking advertisment, so I linked him to the page that had all the information. I wasn't going to copy paste the entire page contents. Don't post in a thread just to critique someone if you're not going to contribute anything to it.
Well, first off, guilds aren't mentioned on that page. Second, sorry. And third, I wasn't specifically replying to you, no one that listed the benefits mentioned guilds, your post was just first.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
That you death, I was about to get around to that. I'd rather ask everything that isn't explained fully then to just go directly to the payment page.