ID:134485

Well as the mods will know I have already requested multiple times that they allow us to use more then one style of font with BYOND, because there are more charaters we can use in Arial then other fonts. It would be nice to be able to use Hearts or Aces in text mode.

Well those are like common pre-define fonts that most systems will already have installed.

I would like the option to include fonts in a game, and then use those same fonts for the text OR Text Mode. Fonts that are not normally included with OS systems.
Shades wrote:
Well as the mods will know I have already requested multiple times that they allow us to use more then one style of font with BYOND, because there are more charaters we can use in Arial then other fonts. It would be nice to be able to use Hearts or Aces in text mode.

This would require adding Unicode support, which is much much harder than it looks.

Well those are like common pre-define fonts that most systems will already have installed.

I would like the option to include fonts in a game, and then use those same fonts for the text OR Text Mode. Fonts that are not normally included with OS systems.

That's impossible without installing the fonts, so no.

Lummox JR
You could always take the time to take screenshots of all the letters for the fonts, and make some strange and useless code to make it output the letters as icons.

§atans§pawn
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Shades wrote:

This would require adding Unicode support, which is much much harder than it looks.

Fine I can agree with the last but I think adding unicode support is more important than is sounds. The font support we have right now is pretty limited to characters.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

That's impossible without installing the fonts, so no.

Lummox JR

What about the option to give a list of font names to be handled the very same way the CSS "font-family" attribute is.

Most people have "Symbol" and "Wingding" fonts already.