ID:134486

It would be cool to be able to control the taskbar status, like you know when you log on BYOND Pager, then you see who all is online in the bottom-right corner. It would be cool if you could make it say anything at anytime. It could be a /client proc and/or a variable.
That would be the most annoying thing ever.
In response to Nadrew
LOL, then why would BYOND Pager have it?
In response to Y2kEric
It shows you important things, I wouldn't play a game that made it display things otherwise.
In response to Nadrew
Well I feel, if you play a game engine that displays things, players wouldn't mind playing a game that displayed things. Ex. It could display if a round is over. Ex2. It could display all the keys logged into a game when you first log in.
In response to Y2kEric
The pager isn't part of the development stuff, the only thing the developer should have control over is Dream Seeker.
In response to Nadrew
Well, Ok. :(
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
That would be the most annoying thing ever.

I agree.

I wouldn't call this a feature ill call it "i like it so do it - Y2kEric"
I second this. That is, assuming it's limited to flashing the taskbar (just like, for instance, an IM program does to show you have a new message). This could be turned off by the user (default is on though). For instance, LRS could use it to announce that it's your turn visually, as sometimes I don't have my sounds on and it's annoying if I get kicked out then.
In response to Nadrew
Is there a way to turn off the status notifications? I have looked and could not find one, they are very annoying. I can't leave the pager open when playing (non-BYOND)games because the status things come up and screw with my game.

I have also noticed that sometimes the status bubble doesn't go away, even after long periods of time. If I am, for example, watching a video on my computer, I have to lean up in my chair, grab my mouse (Which is normally sitting on the charger behind my monitor), and click the darn bubble to make it go away(This may be a bug). By the time I finish doing that, I have missed an important part of the video.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
I have also noticed that sometimes the status bubble doesn't go away,

Windows. It always happens in Windows. It's all Bill Gates' fault. They didn't do it. They did NOT do it.

In response to Danial.Beta
I would also like a way to toggle off the bubble notifications. While they can be useful for some people, for me, they can hinder more than they help -- I always keep my speakers on (except late at night) and have a set of custom alert sounds configured for the pager already.