In response to A.T.H.K
I got sleep now, lol. Still, I read through the rest of the post, instead of just the last and first few; my advice was basically the same. Send a encoded(or hashed) message and get a intelligent response. If you encode and decode the message, you can gather a list of data for the server securely and greatly lessen the chance of someone getting around it. Essentially- what every one else said.
Anyone that knows what they're doing probably doesn't care about your host files.

I find the easiest way to prevent private servers is to have the files delete themselves when they're run by someone that isn't an approved host.
Hence "greatly lessens", as in it would take more than a Google search to get around.
[Citation needed]
GatewayRa wrote:
Considering there's already people that decompiled games like Nestalgia and released it I'd beg to differ.

Pure speculation at this point, unless you provide some actual evidence.
So in other words , you're just running your mouth as per usual and trying to make yourself look all high and mighty as you do in every post.

Please spare us all the frustration of reading your posts by completing one of the below,

1. Writing factual posts with proof of any outlandish claims
2. Not posting
So no proof whatsoever therefore you're again, acting all high and mighty in your posts without a shred of evidence to back up your claims.

If people were jailed for torrent links there wouldn't be thousands hosted stop being dramatic and stick to the subject of you not having proof.

So you should probably stop posting, you just look stupid.
I'm not saying they don't. I'm saying that they probably wouldn't do it since NEStalgia only had a brief moment of fame where people thought it was good before they realized they can play the same game (but better) if they went back to their NES and played FF III/VI.

All I'm saying is if you're going to claim that the source is being distributed, then you must know of how the source is being distributed. If you know of how the source is being distributed, you should be able to provide evidence. Since you cannot provide evidence, I'm gonna go back to my original claim:

"Anyone that knows what they're doing probably doesn't care about your host files." BYOND games just don't stack up, maybe people will rip it, okay. But the odds are slim compared to, say, cracking GTA V
In response to A.T.H.K
Agreed.
Guys, I brought cake and presents.
Page: 1 2 3 4