ID:134589

Crashed and I got to talking in a non argumentive manner for once. And I was suggest how awesome it would be to be able to remove all tabs and menu's and stuff. And have the game in a full screen mode.
Maybe even possible to set a resolution, or have the client select one on login, even.

Crashed: Request an option (programmable by creator, and client-side option) to make the tabs invisible and to use that area for the screen.
I believe you can expect that <s>when BYOND 4.0 is released</s> 3 years from now
In response to Airjoe
Meh, I'll still be around then. So awesome. Sounds like a plan then =P
In response to Airjoe
It's easily possible right now (using a third party program), but all BYOND needs are some decent window-handling stuff that programmers can use. Perhaps the screen-stretching part won't happen for a while, but you should have the ability to hide those darn tabs.
In response to Crashed
=D
agree fully, and have been thinking that would be cool for some time now ;)
In response to Crashed
Crashed wrote:
you should have the ability to hide those darn tabs.

BYOND 4.0.
In response to Crispy
There should be...

- Text Mode
- Small Icon Mode
- Normal Icon Mode (Formerly "Big Icon.")
- Big Icon Mode (Icons are 2x as big, using pixel resize.)

I sure hope each mode can be toggled (checkboxes) in the DMS file that defines the DreamSeeker layout. Along with an option for the default mode (radio).
In response to Yota
I wouldn't mind the ability to set like:
world
resolution = "800x600" //or 1024x768, 640x480 and so on

That would be so very awesome.
In response to Tiberath
It'd be pretty annoying if BYOND changed your resolution every time you went into a game, though. Especially if it wasn't full-screen.
In response to Crispy
Or even a seeker prefference "Set Screen Resolution" and the idea would be, in order to use resolution, it'd have to be full screen.
I personally love the idea of being able to take BYOND, remove the verb panels and chat screens and all the tabs completely, making it full screen mode and like, putting the text panel down the bottom, customize it's look and all that with more power then just simple CSS colours. Even like, load an image in it and have the text appear on it.
Full screen would just make the huds all that more useful.
With the current Seeker screen size, I find huds get in the way and take up space.