ID:134605

I'm just interested if theres any further details on the new review system thats going to be implented in future, and how this'll effect the channel system (if at all).

I was just thinking how we probably have enough games to setup a channel for war based games (like YAGSACG and incursion, and of course my own wargames :P plus theres a few other games proping up, there was a fairly interesting WW1 game called Fly boys, dunno what happened to that).
I'm also curious about this.

Also, is there any expected date as to when reviews will be recontinued?
In response to DarkCampainger
It seems that the whole review thing is very much hush hush... whatever that means for us.
Nope, there was a mention of it on the Byond Labs blog a while ago.

Deadron:
"Our desire is to remove the existing concept of published, and make it so you can find games based on their being listed on Member sites and guild sites. So our Members and guilds will dictate what "published" means, in essence, and the BYOND Staff will get out of the business of having to review every game that is submitted. We are still working out some of the details of this"
Acebloke wrote:
I'm just interested if theres any further details on the new review system thats going to be implented in future, and how this'll effect the channel system (if at all).

We are likely to remove the existing channel system in favor of the upcoming guild system.

Development on the guild system is actively under way (well except for the next couple of weeks, while I'm mostly out of commission).
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:

Deadron:
"Our desire is to remove the existing concept of published, and make it so you can find games based on their being listed on Member sites and guild sites. So our Members and guilds will dictate what "published" means, in essence, and the BYOND Staff will get out of the business of having to review every game that is submitted. We are still working out some of the details of this"

EX: were to lazy, make the memberships 20 dollars a month and we will do it.

Just kidding, lets get this system implemented soon!