ID:134661

Just like the PHP function require(), I request a "#require File" preprocessor.

From the PHP reference-

require() and include() are identical in every way except how they handle failure. include() produces a Warning while require() results in a Fatal Error. In other words, don't hesitate to use require() if you want a missing file to halt processing of the page. include() does not behave this way, the script will continue regardless. Be sure to have an appropriate include_path setting as well.
#include would give a compile warning that the file couldn't be included because of errors/unavailability/whatever whilst #require would give a compile error that the file couldn't be included and prevent you from compiling? Not a bad idea.
In response to Qwerty2029
I disagree, I think it's a terrible idea. If you #include a file, then it has to exist. Trying to include something that doesn't exist is obviously an error, and should be flagged as such by the compiler. The way PHP handles this is just silly.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
The way PHP handles this is just silly.

#include in PHP can be used as "include this code here. If the code is nowhere to be found, no sweat". That can be used for things like optional parsing instructions, variable error handling methods, etc.
In response to PirateHead
All of which is probably better handled by a #define and #ifdef...#endif in DM.

In any case, the naming is silly; it should be include and include_optional, or something along those lines.

And finally, this isn't worth breaking compatibility with previous DM versions for.