Here is what you do, you write a FireFox Extention to automaticly add your sig, and then let the mods yell at you for being annoying.
In response to Scoobert
Here is what you do, you write a FireFox Extention to automaticly add your sig, and then let the mods yell at you for being annoying.

And depending on how obnoxious it is the mods won't be the only ones :P. Might even earn position 3 on my list of people I actively ignore and avoid.
In response to Theodis
Can we see this list?
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
The main reason I absolutly hate Signatures for, and probably mostly everyone's reasoning that says no to this is probably because that some moron(s) will add a picture, that will take about half the screen, or more, and people without 1600x1200 res will be completely spammed for miles with it. It's a stupid idea to allow pictures into signatures. Text, yes, as long as no HTML is allowed, or people will be having like font size 100 in their Sigs.
In response to Polantaris
Then block out all major tags, personally, I think the only tags that should be allowed are..
<font>(size, style, color, etc.)
<B> <i> <s> etc.
In response to Flame Sage
Of course, and That's what I'm saying. I think they should just wipe out every type of HTML. For all we know, theres a fancy name for font size that someone could use, and if they added sigs, it would be logical to block any kind of code what so ever in HTML, just plain Text.
Doesn't matter how many constraints you put on it someone will find a way to be obnoxious with them. Just look at the annoying animated avatars some people use. Would be nice to have some option to not allow animated images so I wouldn't have to manually ad block each individual one :P.
In response to Theodis
We are talking about Text, not pics. Its easy to burn out pics. Just dun let the amount of text be long enough for a link.
Yeah come on please give us this one thing!
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
Just look at the annoying animated avatars some people use.

I run Opera with cached images only, so unless I specifically load someone's avatar, I don't see them at all. :P
It has been said before, and it can be put no more simply than:

"Your name is at the top of your post. Why the hell do you need it at the bottom?"
They could automaticly resize the images you know?
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
"Your name is at the top of your post. Why the hell do you need it at the bottom?"

I agree. =P

Hiead
In response to Theodis
Do you count my animated member page avatar (http://members.byond.com/member_files/h/i/hiead/images/ large_icon.gif) as obnoxious? The animation is quite small, and hardly noticable.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Do you count my animated member page avatar (http://members.byond.com/member_files/h/i/hiead/images/ large_icon.gif) as obnoxious? The animation is quite small, and hardly noticable.

Anything animated in an environment which is mostly static will draw away attention from static content. This of course can intentionally be used effectively however makes no sense for an avatar as it is not meant to draw attention from actual content.
In response to Flame Sage
I think this is pretty much a useless waste of time that the BYOND staff could be using for something else.

Granted it would only take a small ammount of time, Id rather them use every second they have on something better then worthless text only signatures.

Honestly I don't see why people even put their names at the bottom of their posts, their name and a small forum avatar appears at the TOP of their posts, its pretty redundant if you ask me. Theres no need to do it, none at all.

You say it could be something to attract more BYOND members, maybe the dunces.

What made me decide to even pay $15.00 a year was the fact we get a blog, free 10MB hosting and pager. If they are going to add more features in, at least make them useful, not crap like this.
In response to Jp
I can tell you the name of at least one person on that list (I can also give you his address, birthdate, mother's maiden name, social security number, etc)...

: )
In response to Shades
I agree with shades, the -[Name Here] Thing at the bottom is pointless. I don't see why people do it/or why it should be implemented. Instead they should fix some bugs :).
This is what sets BYOND forums apart. They are much more professional and clean due to the lack of stupid signatures.
In response to O-matic
O-matic wrote:
Nah, seriously, I do see the advantage. There are many forum-users who put their key beneith every post. Such a feature would save the forum-user from some typing.

I agree to the point that it would save me some typing. After all, I've been signing each post since my key Rurouni Dragon, which had the cheery "RD" at the end of every post(which is quite a bit to type out, for the HTML bit). Of course, now I just type "Hiead" at the bottom, and it comes so natural that I don't really forget and it doesn't really take any extra effort. Heck, if the feature were implemented, I'd be more worried that I couldn't get out of the habit and I'd end up with my key at the bottom twice!

Especially in fast posts ("Dang! Gotta edit; forgot to put my name under the post!").

Nah, it's okay to not sign sometimes. Sometimes.

Hiead
Page: 1 2 3