ID:134691

I was thinking, and perhaps members can edit their forum signature. Perhaps something like:

LOL PBAGS ROOL GOTZ ANY1 KODE?

-------------------------------------------
[Forum Sig, wether it be graphical or text.]

Or, perhaps graphical like in this image with my latest peice of sig art (which mysteriously was a perfect fit).

In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
No.

Speaking of which, here's a feature request: 30 characters of text or less ("<small>~xooxer xoox</small>" is twenty-seven, and that's pretty long, so 30 should be fine!) with only bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, small, and color font tags accessable, to be appended to the end of all your posts on the forums . . . along with the option to opt out of ever seeing them.

No image tags! No scrolling marquees! No lengthy fight sequences or ROFLCOPTERs or STEAMLOLLERs. Just a tasteful, personalized signature, that nobody who wants a mimimal view of the forum has to ever look at.
In response to PirateHead
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
[link]

Why have avatars, either?

I don't see why this can't be added. As long as there's a character limit, and the html is limited to bold, italic, and underline, I don't see the harm. [link]
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Why have avatars, either?

Scoobert's argument was that a name at the bottom of a post would be redundant since it's also at the top. Avatars aren't redundant.

I don't see why this can't be added. As long as there's a character limit, and the html is limited to bold, italic, and underline, I don't see the harm. [link]

But I don't see the advantage. If a feature doesn't add anything, then why take the time to implement it?
In response to Airjoe
I don't see why this can't be added.

There are no technical reasons it can't be added. But no one has provided any kind of reason why it should be added. Just something I'd disable right off the bat anyway. It's obnoxious enough that people have animated avatars.
In response to Theodis
If people want to disable then, then let them disable them!
Let the MEMBERS have what they want!
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:

As a member, I want the BYOND Staff's time to be spent on more worthy things than implementing signatures, which don't add anything.
You do realize that this could prob. be done in under a day.
A day that could've been used to get 4.0 out faster. ;)
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:

We waited how long already? what's another day going to do :P.
Flame Sage wrote:

Yes, its no advantage to being a member if you dont get cool updates and stuff. More stuff for members, and then maybe i will sign up
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:

Well, not really. =p
As far as I know it's people like Deadron and Mike H that work on the BYOND site, and Tom and Lummox JR who work on the actual BYOND suite.

So a day out of Mike H's time (if he's willing to give, mind) would have little (if any) effect on the deadline of 4.0.
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
But I don't see the advantage. If a feature doesn't add anything, then why take the time to implement it?

For the fun of it!
Nah, seriously, I do see the advantage. There are many forum-users who put their key beneith every post. Such a feature would save the forum-user from some typing. It may sound stupid, but that typing become quite annoying sometimes. Especially in fast posts ("Dang! Gotta edit; forgot to put my name under the post!").

Another function of this would be there if it were for Members only. It gives non-members that jealous feeling. This, again, may sound stupid, but it isn't! The more you add for Members the bigger the change gets to get more Members. =P

O-matic
In response to O-matic
For the fun of it!
Nah, seriously, I do see the advantage. There are many forum-users who put their key beneith every post. Such a feature would save the forum-user from some typing. It may sound stupid, but that typing become quite annoying sometimes. Especially in fast posts ("Dang! Gotta edit; forgot to put my name under the post!").

Of course no one had answered the question of why do it. Seems kinda silly that you'd even edit your post to add it in if you forgot. It's not like we can't tell who made the post by the header section of the post.

[Edit]
Err and by why do it I'm refering to putting in a signature not why implemented although those two things should be related and for the fun of it doesn't seem like a very valid reason to do it.
In response to Theodis
"For the fun of it" Was just a joke =/.

Of course no one had answered the question of why do it. Seems kinda silly that you'd even edit your post to add it in if you forgot. It's not like we can't tell who made the post by the header section of the post.

I don't know about the others, but I put my key on the bottom of every post because.. well, I'm used to do it. If you write a letter, you put your name on the bottom of your letter too? So why not forum posts too? (bad argument, I know..)

O-matic
In response to Airjoe
Exactly, why have Avatars or blogs. Why have the HUB icons or banners? Something catchy to lure new members, so why not have a small signature at the bottom. Do those icons or banners really add to the content of the game? Not really.

It's not causing anymore harm than the above features, especially if you can disable it.
In response to O-matic
O-matic wrote:
It gives non-members that jealous feeling.

Damn those members! They can do the exact same thing as I can, only I have to use the keyboard and they can use the mouse! Blast!
In response to Theodis
Heil stickman!
Page: 1 2 3