ID:134848

Ever since we've lost the pager, we've lost the ability to easilly comunincate with our BYOND friends. Many people have suggested using AIM and other messaging servecies, but not many people have them.(i dident until recently), and i'm sure as HELL not paying 15 bucks just to talk to my friends(i cant send money anyone, unless you can mail it. and im STILL not payin). So i have a little suggestion, that may help. Why not add a BYOND Messaging system, or chatroom, or something like that?(Im not using chatters, cause no one i talk to uses that.). Hope the suggestion helped.

Reinhart
Why would that be not the same as the pager?
It would still cost bandwidth.
There are alot of chatting programs poping up, go join one fo them.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Why would that be not the same as the pager?
It would still cost bandwidth.

This isnt really what i meant. I meant, while downloading byOND, why not give a link to AIM or osmething, and suggest downloaindg it. I donyt mean having the BYOND staff code a whole new message system. Also, if this works, why not have a place for everyone to post ther SNs?
In response to Reinhartstar
Reinhartstar wrote:

... Also, if this works, why not have a place for everyone to post ther SNs?
Its called the Forums. :)
Reinhartstar wrote:
and i'm sure as HELL not paying 15 bucks just to talk to my friends(i cant send money anyone, unless you can mail it. and im STILL not payin)

Thanks for the support! I'm so glad all of our hard work is really paying off.
In response to Tom
Yea, he's being an cheap bastard. I'm planning on making a game with subscription and giving 1/2 of it to BYOND. I don't know why people don't want to support BYOND.
In response to Reinhartstar
Just put your AIM screenname into your byond profile, so anyone who looks at it can contact you? I have about 10 BYONDers on my AIM/MSN (I use gaim, so it is all the same to me), because the pager is not always the best way to get ahold of someone.
In response to Scoobert
Actually, the pager sucks. I rarely use it.
In response to Popisfizzy
Human nature. We're all cheap bastards, with no sense of gratitude or of owing somebody, at heart. Some of use are nicer about it though.

And this is vaguely hypocritical, because I don't have a membership, but sixteen year-old Australians don't often have the ability to send about 25$ of Aussie currency to America.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks. It sucks as an IM chat program, yeah, but it's not meant to be one. It's used to locate people and send short messages like 'hey, you should check out this game I just found'.
Comparing it to MSN or AIM is like comparing a real life pager to a mobile phone.
In response to Jp
well, actually. I didn't even buy my membership. But the reason I'm donating my money from my upcoming game (if i make any money) is because that wouldn't even be there if it weren't for Dantom.
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
And this is vaguely hypocritical, because I don't have a membership, but sixteen year-old Australians don't often have the ability to send about 25$ of Aussie currency to America.

Just in case you've got the money and want to send it but don't know how, check out the Australia Post website or go into your local post office. Money Orders are suprizingly easy to use (now if only I had spare money to order =P).
Remember, get them to send it in US currency.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Actually, the pager sucks. I rarely use it.

How does the pager suck? I'm sure you say, "omfg its not fast enuff for chatz LOLOLOL," but what are pagers in real life used for? Not for sending messages - for sending pages. Such as to alert someone that they should contact you by another means, typically by leaving a phone number. That's what the BYOND Pager is really for - to help you get in contact with users by other means.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Reinhartstar wrote:
and i'm sure as HELL not paying 15 bucks just to talk to my friends(i cant send money anyone, unless you can mail it. and im STILL not payin)

Thanks for the support! I'm so glad all of our hard work is really paying off.

Why doesn't anyone use MSN or AIM? I actually like that I dont get pages anymore. I would rather have people page me on msn so that its more of a personalized message.

http://www.msn.com
http://www.aim.com

It supports byond, because people will stop complaining, and stop wasting bandwidth on the forums.
In response to DarkView
I geuss you're right. But since I've joined, I've only used the pager about 4 times.