ID:135250

Could someone link me to some good DMCGI tutorials?

Ive looked at Nadrew's but I want some text explaining things not predone codes that show nothing
I found the documentation that comes with CGI lib to be the most useful source of information. Everything I couldn't discover there, I found out through tracing the source code for it or simple trial and error.

I haven't heard of any DMCGI information other than the CGIlib documentation and Nadrew's article.
In response to Shadowdarke
Jon88 has one too... somewhere. I think it's located somewhere at www.maztekia.com I'll take a look for it.
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Jon88 has one too... somewhere. I think it's located somewhere at www.maztekia.com I'll take a look for it.

I tried writing one once, but I lost it. The only tutorial that's been written is Nadrew's.

If someone understands programming in BYOND and some stuff about HTML and web applications, DMCGI shouldn't be too hard to learn or use.

Basically when someone views the site, mob/Login() gets called. Procedures like world/New() and such get called as well, but I don't usually use them. I find it a good place to initialize/load some stuff and do some things based on the key.

Then, CGI/Topic() is called, and it passes in the querystring.
CGI
Topic(href, href_list[])
usr.CGI = src

The querystring is everything after the question mark in a URL. For example, in <code>http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_list&forum=11</CODE>;
the part passed to Topic() would be
<code>action=message_list&forum=11</CODE>

A DMCGI world looks at the information in either href or href_list[] and outputs pages based on that. In the example URL, href_list[1] would be "action", and href_list[2] would be "forum". href_list["action"] would be "message_list" and href_list["forum"] would be "11".