ID:135261

Im making a BYOND related site out of bordem and and I was woundering if it would be ok to use the icon Byond have as their fav icon? If that made no sence im sorry because I cant think of any other way to put it
Smoko wrote:
Im making a BYOND related site out of bordem and and I was woundering if it would be ok to use the icon Byond have as their fav icon? If that made no sence im sorry because I cant think of any other way to put it

"sense".

Anyway, as long as you copy/save as the picture, don't hotlink to it. That would draw bandwidth away from Byond, making the hub and games more jerky and laggy1
Kholintian Destroying Army babbles:
Anyway, as long as you copy/save as the picture, don't hotlink to it.

i really doubt hotlinking a favicon would bring the house down.

That would draw bandwidth away from Byond, making the hub and games more jerky and laggy1

nope! having a favicon on your site remotely linked from another site will *not* create lag or jerkiness in the hub or in games- especially considering the games are not running on the BYOND hub server, and any bandwidth useage involved is so negligble as to make little or no difference.
In response to digitalmouse
Nevertheless, it's more polite to make your own copy. Not enough politeness on the 'net these days. =)
In response to Crispy
*The Year is 2560, and it is a bleak time for the world*

Dan and Tom creak back and forth in their rusting hyper-glow-hover wheelchairs, whispering anecdotes about hot girls they used to get from "Old Byond", 'back in the day'.

But now is a different story, they agree...

Their hub server, over-heating, pulsating, worries them.
If only all those 30,000 BYOND resource sites out on the net weren't hotlinking to the hub!
Eventually, as Dan and Tom's bandwidth petered away, so did their miraculous sex appeal and smooth, stylish skate boarding skills...

Dan: "If only digitalmouse had heeded our warnings! And warn him we did, with our old, alternate key Kholintian Destroying Army!"*

Tom: "Oh my Lordy, indeedy"

*This statement may or may not be true.

I think you owe Dan and Tom of the future an apology, digitalmouse. You cost them their wives!
In response to Crispy
i'm certainly not against that, just pointing out that KDA's interpretation of bandwidth usage is a bit mis-represented.