ID:135405

I'm not one-hundred percent sure wether this is just my browser and its cookies, but it could sometime prove to be a security loophole for people who have multiple users on their computer who play BYOND. It seems after you are logged into the website so long your key logs out automatically due to inactivity(or something), but you can still post on the forums.

Example:

I logged into BYOND, and went to bed. I wake up in the morning and can still post on the forums but if I try to access my account at the top of the page I have to relog in. Could just be my old computer, or the way my cookies are setup, an answer would be nice. =)
SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
I logged into BYOND, and went to bed. I wake up in the morning and can still post on the forums but if I try to access my account at the top of the page I have to relog in. Could just be my old computer, or the way my cookies are setup, an answer would be nice. =)

This is perfectly normal. Cookies at the regular site (games, developer, forum, etc) are good for 3 days. If you access the site within 3 days, your login gets renewed. If you don't, it expires. Since nothing important can be accessed at the regular site (your hub or your BYONDimes), we don't make you login every single time you come back.

At the secure site (where your account settings are), cookies are only stored for the browser session. If you quit the browser and then go back to the secure site, you have to login again. This is for security, so your little brother can't get on your computer when you're gone and mess up your account.