ID:135782

I had a thought... would it be too difficult for Daemon to report the address the world is being hosted on when you open it? IE:

Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 2000
Welcome BYOND! (Dream Daemon release 337)
World hosted on byond://123.45.67.890:1234

A lot of hosts I know that have DSL or cable don't even know their own IPs, and those of us with dial-up aren't that sure of it either cause it changes everytime you connect to the ISP.
Enigmaster2002 wrote:
I had a thought... would it be too difficult for Daemon to report the address the world is being hosted on when you open it? IE:

Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 2000
Welcome BYOND! (Dream Daemon release 337)
World hosted on byond://123.45.67.890:1234

A lot of hosts I know that have DSL or cable don't even know their own IPs, and those of us with dial-up aren't that sure of it either cause it changes everytime you connect to the ISP.

just use whatismyip.com
You can discover your IP address by typing $ping in the command line. But yes, this would be a nifty feature. However, it'd be best if it wasn't linked; otherwise hosts would accidentally click on it and get logged out of the game. =P
In response to XzDoG
I'd much rather have Daemon tell me my IP than go to some site that could be logging various information to display my IP.
In response to Enigmaster2002
Well, basically Dream Daemon would be finding out your IP from some site that could be logging various information to display your IP. Probably one of the hub servers. :)
In response to Jon88
Yeah, but I trust Dantom with that information.