ID:135823

I thiink that would be a useful proc. It would get all the banned keys in keyban.txt, and return them in an associative list.

An example of its use would be in a chatroom (Chatters) where someone who's been pagerbanned would be banned from the channel by default.
Another use would be to see if someone has you banned. If so, don't let them in your game.
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Another use would be to see if someone has you banned. If so, don't let them in your game.

This would be much harder to implement (and not a great idea); it requires actually accessing someone else's pager ban list. Garthor's suggestion just uses the host key's pager ban list.

Lummox JR
Garthor wrote:
I thiink that would be a useful proc. It would get all the banned keys in keyban.txt, and return them in an associative list.

GetConfig() should be able to do this now. SetConfig() was a little flakier the last time I tried it.

Funnily I thought you had something different in mind for the proc, just from its name. It seems so many of the DBZers and their ilk have written that for themselves.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Actually, I meant a specific player, hence client.GetBanned(), instead of world.GetBanned(), and why I made this post, because GetConfig() would've worked.
In response to Garthor
Urgh. A client.GetBanned() thing would be much stickier. Besides the obvious security flaws, it'd necessitate adding new messages for client-server communication.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
In other words...

More work bad. No like idea. Ungh.

=)
It might be useful, but I would not get behind it.
"Reciprocal bans" might not sound like a bad thing, but I don't think people should be able to view who's on your pager ban list any more than they should be able to view who's in your email address book.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
In other words...

More work bad. No like idea. Ungh.

Heh. Actually the main problem is, I don't yet trust all the pager mechanisms in place now. We have a few more bugs in that area that have not been attended to. I'll be studying the works, though, because I plan to make pager bans a whole lot smarter.

After all, if I pager ban a certain muttered-curse so-and-so, I don't want him getting in via his alternate keys that I have to ban one by one. And if he runs out of those, I don't want to have to deal with him spamming me via a known flaw in the pager ban system. I suspect this is a much worse problem in the general gaming population.

Lummox JR