Dungeon Master

by Ginseng
Dungeon Master
RTS/RPG Dungeon simulation game. How evil a Dungeon Master will you be?
ID:1358666

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'd love to see a option as a server host to be able to disable the sight that a player in ghost form has in regards to other non allied players.

I'm not sure of the best approach to take in regards to this and game play but I feel the ability to go through walls and see a player's base without any effort is a bit too overpowered.

What I feel may work is if you can only see what your units, and your clan's units are able to see.

This would probably take a fair amount of coding to fix however, and a more simple option may just be to disable the ghost mode entirely via admin options and switch between units in game as needed.
This is a good idea and it's something that I've given thought to as well.

I think the best, and most easily achieved option, is to restrict a "ghost"ed player (i.e. someone who hasn't chosen a race or has restarted) to see only 0,0,0 on the map, and disabling their vision warp commands until a race is chosen.
Drakemoore wrote:
I'd love to see a option as a server host to be able to disable the sight that a player in ghost form has in regards to other non allied players.
I dislike this idea because of people giving coords that you can't see or clan members or allies giving coords.

I'm not sure of the best approach to take in regards to this and game play but I feel the ability to go through walls and see a player's base without any effort is a bit too overpowered.

What I feel may work is if you can only see what your units, and your clan's units are able to see.

This would probably take a fair amount of coding to fix however, and a more simple option may just be to disable the ghost mode entirely via admin options and switch between units in game as needed.

I think that maybe there could be a kind of thing that blocks ghost vision unless if a unit goes there or until it is destroyed.
That is an HTML fail.