ID:1359286

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've noticed after recently coming back to Byond that there are many, very many 'subscriber' games that are:

- Abandoned, and have been for several years by their developers.

- Unstable, glitchy, either were when the developer disappeared or have been as a result of Byond updates.

- Subscriber features in some cases don't even exist.

I feel when looking around, that a timer should be put in place for subscription based games. Perhaps after say 1 year of inactivity by the developer, aka no login whatsoever into their Byond account that the subscription option is removed from their hubs until they re-login and enable it again.

You could additionally enable subscriber benefits for all players but I feel that might be going too far.

The primary reason why I feel this is necessary is there are many games that have no future, they're long abandoned, and their subscriber features are absent or inconsistent as a result.

A example; While the likelihood of say, someone subscribing to LodeWars is very small, I feel the harm it would do to a customer's morale on this platform should be avoided considering that game falls into the category I speak of.

TLDR: If a game owner does not login for a year or maybe a bit more, disable the subscription option on their hubs until they return and re-enable it.