Stray Games

by Falacy
Because BYOND.
8 years ago I did join for a DBZ game... but I ended up staying because of Murder Mansion... and IALO... those games
Falacy wrote:

Even more fantastically for me, that game was made with Unity, an engine that I would be an expert with by now if I had stuck with it, instead of falling back into this pit. If I had made Paradise Falls with Unity instead of BYOND, I would have essentially created this million dollar project for myself years ago.

FML

If i can just jump in here, whats stopping you learning unity now and making these millions?
If your faith in Byond has been diminished for a while, why keep developing on it.

In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
your missing the entire point... developing games isnt about making money

It is when you have no money left. It is when you look at almost every major game development company in existence today, which pushes out the same exact garbage games year after year just to make more and more money for doing little-to-no work. When is the last time a game was truly made to show how great a game could be? Final Fantasy 7 on the PlayStation 1 almost 20 years ago?

or using the best graphics... stop moving to different engines just because of the graphics...

It has almost nothing to do with graphics. If you're saying this because of 2D vs 3D, then those are entirely different concepts. Its like saying you don't need a car to win a race because a bicycle also has wheels. Gameplay, graphic features, visual appeal, performance, and everything else is impossible to achieve while using BYOND.

However, the 3D graphics are the least of the reasons for moving to Unity, especially since the current project is a card game, and is for the most part 2D. Unity has better support, better documentation, a more intuitive UI, it has properly designed networking - which allows for potentially unlimited players in a single environment - this is impossible with BYOND, Box Zombies was nearing 100% CPU usage with a mere 10 players online, beyond pathetic. Not to mention all aspects of a BYOND game lag when playing online no matter how good the server or player are, because there is no client sided processing.

There is also the issue that BYOND has no meaningful support for standalone releases, if you make a BYOND game, you pretty much have to have it listed on this website and do nothing else, because nothing else can be done. That is pathetic, as most good games have more players than the entirety of this website combined. Unity can easily release on PC, Mac, all consoles, mobile phones, and has a web-player, which will be better than BYOND's flash player in every possible way - if BYOND ever even manages to release one.

byond has much more going for it than unity... watch when the day comes that byond itself blossoms into an engine used by many professional devs for future consoles and pc rigs...

It is far more likely that BYOND will be shut down entirely, and be quickly forgotten, than that it will ever be used to create anything meaningful in any way ever. Unity already has critical successes across multiple platforms.


Naruto0727 wrote:
Zagros5000 wrote:
i blame falacys greediness for the lack of players ever since funimation stepped in

In personal opinion this is truly what fucked Byond.

How so?


KururugiSuzaku wrote:
Assuming you're talking about FUNimation stepping in and removing all DBZ games, I disagree, that did not ruin BYOND.

Well then, you are a complete and utter undeniable idiot, as 99.9% of the BYOND population is. Before FUNimation shut down BYOND, it had nearly 8,000 players, at this moment it has far less than 3,000. They were financially stable, and actively working on upgrades to the software, now they are literally begging for money and haven't made a meaningful update in years.

BYOND was not looking to advertise itself as a website where you play fan games, they were looking to present themselves a bit more professionally, with displays of games like NEStalgia, Eternia, and SS13 on the front page, NOT DBZ fan games, so in the end, it didn't hurt or help BYOND.

Fan games were already off the front page before FUNimation shut BYOND down, in the same exact way that they are today. Having games like SS13, NEStalgia or Eternia as the frontrunners only proves to everyone that nothing of legitimate quality or anything worth playing in today's market will ever be produced with this pathetic wanabe of a game engine.


Mysterious Traveller wrote:
If i can just jump in here, whats stopping you learning unity now and making these millions?

Nothing, I already have.

If your faith in Byond has been diminished for a while, why keep developing on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6abCSoQ0o
All this hate and negativity Falacy is receiving is just pointless... At the end of the day I can honestly say the only reason I even downloaded byond in 2005 was because my friend introduced me to DBZ:HU which was.. by far the best game i've played on this site. I honestly find it hard to waste my time on any other games on this site cause they're shit. You guys are only shooting isults at this guy because of the hate he directs towards Byond... I for one think this hate is justified... Why limit what a great game developer can do? Jealousy? Greed? etc... It's just fucking dumb. At the end of the day you people who are insulting him haven't contributed anything yourselves but your negativity... which no one wants to hear, once you make a game of your own... and have it become a huge hit.. just to have it taken down and limited... once that happens to you by all means start bitching... but if your just playing the games and doing nothing but complaining about shit then stfu and go home.

Falacy I look forward to any other future projects of yours (Been on DBZ:HU for years... Thought BE was cool with a lot of potential just had a bad start.. box zombies is beast and all but... the anime game is whats in and your good at making them.)

Please send me links to your future projects :)

-Riku
Let me say this...I have been on byond since 2002, not on this account, but another account I will not disclose the name. I started byond because of Nadrew, he got me into BYOND. My first game was Dragonball Zeta, and from their it was Majins and Mystics, I have been around BYOND a long time, and I must say as much as Falacy and I don't get along, he makes fantastic games, alot more played into Funimation forcing byond to remove DBZ Games. They wanted money, and they couldn't stand the fact that a FAN GAME had more fans then there games did, aside of course from the Budokai Series, but after the Budokai series Funimation and Atari lost there passion for DBZ games in my opinion. Let's not forget that Falacy was not the only one who was charging for his DBZ Game. I could be wrong, but I do believe Raekwon once charged for some stuff in Zeta as well. Instead of blaming this all on Falacy, look at the bigger picture, and the bigger picture is...Funimation is greedy.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Ishuri wrote:
Again with this?!
Every time, every freaking time you have a problem with BYOND, you do this.
Why?
Each time it is made more obvious how maliciously worthless BYOND is, it seems relevant to bring it up. Why are you defending it when by your own admission you know how bad it is?

Obviously, the people who are staying, like BYOND.
Nobody likes BYOND. They may perhaps like a game on it, or perhaps some random people they've met here, but BYOND itself deserves nothing

You act like it's hard to notice the differences between BYOND and other engines, like the people using BYOND never heard of high end engines like Unity, or anything else.
Considering how poor pathetic and dead this community is and always has been, it must be pretty obvious for everyone to notice how much better everything else is

Leave already, and stop trying to take people with you!
Once again, JUST LEAVE!
When BYOND is permanently and entirely shut down, then perhaps this horrible stain on history can begin to be forgotten.

I will say this, I don't like BYOND anymore, but I do have a lot of people I talk to that I've known for years on here. I think BYOND has fallen, it's an image of it's former self and I think the Developers have become lazy, they are too interested in making byond look better instead of perform better. That's just my opinion.
Truthfully, I like Falacy's BYOND icons much more than that poorly done 3D bullshit :L Money isn't everything mate.
In response to Nero30345
Nero30345 wrote:
Truthfully, I like Falacy's BYOND icons much more than that poorly done 3D bullshit :L

Very few of the icons in my games are original, and most of the art for this card game would be the same 2D type art from a BYOND equivalent. Making it in a legitimate 3D engine adds bonus effects, like particle systems, physics, dynamic shadows, and things like cards actually flipping over and meaningfully moving. Practically every asset in that demo is a placeholder. Currently, the cards look more like this, but even that isn't finalized.

Money isn't everything mate.

Gimmie some then. I go negative in less than 2 weeks.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Nero30345 wrote:
Truthfully, I like Falacy's BYOND icons much more than that poorly done 3D bullshit :L

Very few of the icons in my games are original, and most of the art for this card game would be the same 2D type art from a BYOND equivalent. Making it in a legitimate 3D engine adds bonus effects, like particle systems, physics, dynamic shadows, and things like cards actually flipping over and meaningfully moving. Practically every asset in that demo is a placeholder. Currently, the cards look more like this, but even that isn't finalized.

Money isn't everything mate.

Gimmie some then. I go negative in less than 2 weeks.

Is that for Duelz?
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
your missing the entire point... developing games isnt about making money

It is when you have no money left. It is when you look at almost every major game development company in existence today, which pushes out the same exact garbage games year after year just to make more and more money for doing little-to-no work. When is the last time a game was truly made to show how great a game could be? Final Fantasy 7 on the PlayStation 1 almost 20 years ago?
Wrong... look at The Last of Us (2013 Beautiful game), The Walking Dead (2012 Has one of the most advanced choice/dialog settings I can think of short of games by Bethesda), Alpha Protocol (2010 Was made to showcase an advanced Dialog system and was also a pretty damn good game in itself), MAG (2008 (was made to show that 256 player online FPS is possible to achieve on a PS3... Also a fun game)and a few other games I bought that were solely made to showcase possibilities in gaming (lile Little Big Planet (2007)... You are either too blind or too Ignorant to notice that Games are still coming out today that are solely made for the art... Also I have yet to put in money into what I do nor have I yet to ask for any in return... there are many developers with the same mindset... Games are made to entertain, not to be sold for a profit...
or using the best graphics... stop moving to different engines just because of the graphics...

It has almost nothing to do with graphics. If you're saying this because of 2D vs 3D, then those are entirely different concepts. Its like saying you don't need a car to win a race because a bicycle also has wheels. Gameplay, graphic features, visual appeal, performance, and everything else is impossible to achieve while using BYOND.
That is wrong... If that were true then why do games like Murder Mansion and The Last Conflict exist? they both have decent gameplay, somewhat advanced graphical features, Visual Appeal, and decent Performance yet they were both made years apart (MM in 2003 or so while TLC started out in 2007 as REO2)
However, the 3D graphics are the least of the reasons for moving to Unity, especially since the current project is a card game, and is for the most part 2D. Unity has better support, better documentation, a more intuitive UI, it has properly designed networking - which allows for potentially unlimited players in a single environment - this is impossible with BYOND, Box Zombies was nearing 100% CPU usage with a mere 10 players online, beyond pathetic. Not to mention all aspects of a BYOND game lag when playing online no matter how good the server or player are, because there is no client sided processing.
again... I used to host matches of MM back in early 2005 that had upwards to 15/20 people and I had never had any lag nor was Byond ever at 100%... it was steady at around 5%-20%. and when I used to host games like Evil Residents and Raccoon City:The clean up I never had a huge spike in process usage, and my ER server was usually heavily populated (about 40 or so players)... REO2 had hundreds of players on at once and it never really lagged... sure there would be an occasional lag spike or two but nothing ever lasting...
There is also the issue that BYOND has no meaningful support for standalone releases, if you make a BYOND game, you pretty much have to have it listed on this website and do nothing else, because nothing else can be done. That is pathetic, as most good games have more players than the entirety of this website combined. Unity can easily release on PC, Mac, all consoles, mobile phones, and has a web-player, which will be better than BYOND's flash player in every possible way - if BYOND ever even manages to release one.
Thats because Byond is still in its infancy, and regardless there are other things that can be done instead of just advertising it here... I made a full topic dedicated to that fact...
byond has much more going for it than unity... watch when the day comes that byond itself blossoms into an engine used by many professional devs for future consoles and pc rigs...

It is far more likely that BYOND will be shut down entirely, and be quickly forgotten, than that it will ever be used to create anything meaningful in any way ever. Unity already has critical successes across multiple platforms.
No... you just wish it were shut down. as long as there are people like me who are dedicated to BYOND then it will never be forgotten. It will continue to flourish as a development platform...
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
You are either too blind or too Ignorant to notice that Games are still coming out today that are solely made for the art... Games are made to entertain, not to be sold for a profit...

Every game you listed there was made to make money, they are being sold. Half of them are well known for being terrible games. All of them but 1 were console only, because consoles have more players, less piracy, and therefore more customers to give them money. If those games truly wanted to be recognized for the goodness of their hearts, and their amazing quality, they would have released on PC for free.

Also I have yet to put in money into what I do nor have I yet to ask for any in return...

Have you even made anything that isn't a rip? You were planning on asking for money.

That is wrong... If that were true then why do games like Murder Mansion and The Last Conflict exist?

I don't get what point you were even trying to make with this, but those games exist because pre-teen hobbyist wannabe game makers don't want to invest the time, effort, or money into developing a legitimate product. So instead, they doodle up a few scrap icons, throw together some low quality, buggy, poorly performing, barely functional code in about a week, (or more likely, they just copy/paste an already existing source, rename it, and claim its 100% original) and then release that "game" to a community with no standards whatsoever about what level of garbage they're willing to consider a game.

it was steady at around 5%-20%.

20% CPU for a game with 20 people; no AI, no major background processing, no fancy graphics, its basically like saying your computer needs 20% of its CPU to render a picture in MS Paint. Even by those numbers, which you seem to think are low, that means the game would hit 100% CPU with only 100 players online. Well designed games, like WoW for example, can have thousands of players in a server - more than the entirety of BYOND combined - and they have tens of thousands of NPCs constantly moving around, global player communication systems, fancy effects/HUDs, and a billion other complex things that your examples don't.

Thats because Byond is still in its infancy

lol Still in its infancy? It has been out for almost 15 years, its probably older than most of the people using it. It has been in tryhard mode for at least 5 of them, and it has been failing at every step. You have a better chance of arguing that the SNES is "still in its infancy" and is going to make some epic comeback, at least that platform had some actual games on it and might actually make a decent handheld port of some kind - which BYOND certainly would not.

and regardless there are other things that can be done instead of just advertising it here... I made a full topic dedicated to that fact...

Externally advertising is not the same as having a standalone release, and is, for the most part, entirely pointless if you don't have one - which you can't with BYOND.

No... you just wish it were shut down. as long as there are people like me who are dedicated to BYOND then it will never be forgotten. It will continue to flourish as a development platform...

I'm not sure if you're somehow delusional or unintelligent enough to actually believe any of that, or if you're just being a troll, but to think anyone is dedicated to BYOND, or that at any point in its history that the term "flourish" applied to it in any way is just ridiculous.


Call that game Falacy town.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
You are either too blind or too Ignorant to notice that Games are still coming out today that are solely made for the art... Games are made to entertain, not to be sold for a profit...

Every game you listed there was made to make money, they are being sold. Half of them are well known for being terrible games. All of them but 1 were console only, because consoles have more players, less piracy, and therefore more customers to give them money. If those games truly wanted to be recognized for the goodness of their hearts, and their amazing quality, they would have released on PC for free.

Terrible to whom? most of those games actually have a cult following (Alpha Protocol being the main one), MAG was a PS exclusive because it was developed chiefly by sony and unlike as you stated, can be downloaded for Free off of the playstation network (Its called 'Demo" but its the full game) they even released one of the most popular DLCs for free to download...

Also I have yet to put in money into what I do nor have I yet to ask for any in return...

Have you even made anything that isn't a rip? You were planning on asking for money.
Yea I was swashing in the idea of a donation feature. not because I wanted to make money, but because my family keeps me from being near a computer and claims that its not important and that i need to work in some kind of factory because computers arent teaching me anything and blah blah blah... i figured if I can show them that what I do has the possibility of making money I can keep working on my games without them breathing down my neck...

also I actually have a few games that arent rips... especially the one I am trying to code from the ground up...
http://www.byond.com/games/Ss4gogeta0/AFeudalMemory


That is wrong... If that were true then why do games like Murder Mansion and The Last Conflict exist?

I don't get what point you were even trying to make with this, but those games exist because pre-teen hobbyist wannabe game makers don't want to invest the time, effort, or money into developing a legitimate product. So instead, they doodle up a few scrap icons, throw together some low quality, buggy, poorly performing, barely functional code in about a week, (or more likely, they just copy/paste an already existing source, rename it, and claim its 100% original) and then release that "game" to a community with no standards whatsoever about what level of garbage they're willing to consider a game.

it was steady at around 5%-20%.

20% CPU for a game with 20 people; no AI, no major background processing, no fancy graphics, its basically like saying your computer needs 20% of its CPU to render a picture in MS Paint. Even by those numbers, which you seem to think are low, that means the game would hit 100% CPU with only 100 players online. Well designed games, like WoW for example, can have thousands of players in a server - more than the entirety of BYOND combined - and they have tens of thousands of NPCs constantly moving around, global player communication systems, fancy effects/HUDs, and a billion other complex things that your examples don't.

Actually 20% with 20 players and the maximum amount of AI players (im talking about Murder Mansion not any of the others) and remember this was back in 2005-2006 where everyone was using 3.5 which didnt have all the enhancements that we have now... and I didnt use a dedicated server to host, I did so on a windows XP Media center computer whit less than 1gig of ram...

Thats because Byond is still in its infancy

lol Still in its infancy? It has been out for almost 15 years, its probably older than most of the people using it. It has been in tryhard mode for at least 5 of them, and it has been failing at every step. You have a better chance of arguing that the SNES is "still in its infancy" and is going to make some epic comeback, at least that platform had some actual games on it and might actually make a decent handheld port of some kind - which BYOND certainly would not.

when I said Infancy I was referring to how underdeveloped it was... infancy does not exclusively mean age... yea its old but the fact that there were times when development stopped is part of the reason why it hasnt had its full potential unlocked...
and regardless there are other things that can be done instead of just advertising it here... I made a full topic dedicated to that fact...

Externally advertising is not the same as having a standalone release, and is, for the most part, entirely pointless if you don't have one - which you can't with BYOND.

Its better than doing nothing... I actually gained a number of fans for Rotting Aftermath by advertising in my forum signatures... even some from GTA forums...
No... you just wish it were shut down. as long as there are people like me who are dedicated to BYOND then it will never be forgotten. It will continue to flourish as a development platform...

I'm not sure if you're somehow delusional or unintelligent enough to actually believe any of that, or if you're just being a troll, but to think anyone is dedicated to BYOND, or that at any point in its history that the term "flourish" applied to it in any way is just ridiculous.

I believe anything that I speak... Yes I am manic depressive with a childhood of abuse but that doesnt make me unintelligent, or whatever else you may think... I am dedicated to Byond because I had NOTHING except this to help me cope with what I was going through... you may believe that it is foolish but this is what I believe is right...


In response to Ss4gogeta0
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Call that game Falacy town.

That is one of the environments from Dreamscape.


Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
Terrible to whom? most of those games actually have a cult following (Alpha Protocol being the main one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6QLyWFCbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ZkY-6M5qw
I have the game myself, it was so poorly designed that I didn't even bother completing it, if I remember correctly.

they even released one of the most popular DLCs for free to download...

Bringing up DLC just further enforces my point, that developers are only in it for the money. Even if that one special case was released for free. I got MAG when it first came out, unless there have been massive improvements to it since then, I would barely even consider it playable - and making an FPS game, especially an FPS game on a console, is just a blatant attempt at cashing in on one of the most mindlessly simplistic, easy to make genres. In fact, I remember MAG for being the game that reminded me why I hated shooters so much when I was younger - because it is impossible to effectively aim a gun with a controller. Most console FPSs today have acknowledged this fact, and attempt to work around it with "aim assist", or full blown auto aim, but that only serves to prove what a poor design decision the genre on consoles is to begin with.

All of your other replies seemed to be agreeing with mine, so I won't bother responding to them directly.


On an semi-unrelated note, I'll throw this in. Consider any game on BYOND; Most of them straight up couldn't be ported to a console because of their rubbish UI and bad gameplay design (or more like, complete lack of gameplay). Of the handful that could, how many do you think people would find acceptable of a 60 dollar price-tag? Even if you lower that quality standard, moving the games from a current gen console (which have practically no 2D games), to say the PSP or NintendoDS, which have a large portion their games being older style 2D games, how many BYOND games do you think would make acceptable releases there?

Look at things the other way around. If you were to take any legitimately released game, from a legitimate platform, how bad would it make any BYOND game look by comparison?

You could also apply such comparisons to BYOND itself. BYOND is a tryhard wannabe version of Steam. Steam has 3,500,000 users online right now, BYOND has 2,500. Unity has 400k active developers per month, I doubt BYOND has that many users (most of whom are players only) in its entire combined history.

Unity claims such customers as Cartoon Network, Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Nexon, Nickelodeon, Square, Ubisoft, US Army, Warner Bros. What does BYOND have? Hobbyist 12 year olds with no experience, and 40 year old virgins living in their parents basements because they failed to amount to anything in life. You can stay "dedicated" to BYOND if you want, the only thing that will guarantee you is failure.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
What does BYOND have? Hobbyist 12 year olds with no experience, and 40 year old virgins living in their parents basements because they failed to amount to anything in life. You can stay "dedicated" to BYOND if you want, the only thing that will guarantee you is failure.

... so from what I've read, you're angry because being a DM programmer isn't too profitable?

I think you're taking things too seriously. Like, if you were relying on BYOND to provide you with a liveable income, then that's your own fault. Being an indie developer isn't easy, and even some of the good ones are earning far from a respectable wage. If you think switching to Unity is the answer to your money problems, then you're gonna have a close to impossible time... because, from what I've seen, your games kind of suck?

I mean, if you're poor, get yourself a realistic job and eventually find a way back to school. You're not going to get very far making games unless you really know what you're doing, and even then, it can be very difficult. Sounds like you should have spent more time studying instead of developing DBZ and Bleach games and it's all kind of hilarious / sad to me.

Regardless, good luck buddy. I'll be ready with popcorn in hand for whenever your next outburst comes along.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
... so from what I've read, you're angry because being a DM programmer isn't too profitable?

Profit is a part of the issue, but its more about success period. As I mentioned in a previous post, trying to develop a game with BYOND is like trying to win a Formula1 race on a bicycle.

Nonsensically condescending comments

Such comments might have more impact if my creations didn't have 10x more players and vastly better design than your own attempt at buying one.
My god... Your all bitching about how Falacy was only in it for the cash... But if you think about it (Must be hard for some of you) what successful game developer hasn't made profit off of their games? Making games is fun and all... and it can be a great hobby... but unfortunately in the world we live in making even BETTER games requires a little funding... so its required of the players to donate a little cash to the cause (Let me emphasize the word LITTLE... I mean COMMON FIVE BUCKS?). Falacy even gave those who gave the donations in game benefits... Now.. What fucking game doesn't have subscription fees... donation benefits... real in game money you can buy etc? ALL OF THEM DO... Thats just how it works. If Falacy didn't enjoy making games he wouldn't have done it in the first place.. And honestly byond wasn't a good place to start trying to make profit off of making games because the player base is largely 12yo's who depend on asking their parents for their credit cards to buy the subs :/ so switching to a larger community with a primarily adult player base is the smarter thing to do.

As far as people saying Falacy's games suck... haha Falacy made the best contributions to this site that I've seen... I go on the homepage and see shit... then i'm just like "Why did I even come online... theres nothing to fuckin play" As far as I can tell a lot of people only came on BYOND to play Falacy's games :/

So at the end of it people make games to make money (YES EVEN the people who enjoy making games has to make money) and whats wrong with someone who's just trying to make a little cash off of it? NOTHING! Who doesn't like to make profit off of what they enjoy the most? ... A fucking idiot thats who... If you can make profit at something your good at then go for it! Just because you little fucks can't scrounge up $5 doesn't mean you can hate.

Fal I'm interested in beta testing any of your current projects :) please hmu if you have the time ([email protected]) :D

-Riku
In response to Rikuuz9
Rikuuz9 wrote:
My god... Your all bitching about how Falacy was only in it for the cash... But if you think about it (Must be hard for some of you) what successful game developer hasn't made profit off of their games? Making games is fun and all... and it can be a great hobby... but unfortunately in the world we live in making even BETTER games requires a little funding... so its required of the players to donate a little cash to the cause (Let me emphasize the word LITTLE... I mean COMMON FIVE BUCKS?). Falacy even gave those who gave the donations in game benefits... Now.. What fucking game doesn't have subscription fees... donation benefits... real in game money you can buy etc? ALL OF THEM DO... Thats just how it works. If Falacy didn't enjoy making games he wouldn't have done it in the first place.. And honestly byond wasn't a good place to start trying to make profit off of making games because the player base is largely 12yo's who depend on asking their parents for their credit cards to buy the subs :/ so switching to a larger community with a primarily adult player base is the smarter thing to do.

As far as people saying Falacy's games suck... haha Falacy made the best contributions to this site that I've seen... I go on the homepage and see shit... then i'm just like "Why did I even come online... theres nothing to fuckin play" As far as I can tell a lot of people only came on BYOND to play Falacy's games :/

So at the end of it people make games to make money (YES EVEN the people who enjoy making games has to make money) and whats wrong with someone who's just trying to make a little cash off of it? NOTHING! Who doesn't like to make profit off of what they enjoy the most? ... A fucking idiot thats who... If you can make profit at something your good at then go for it! Just because you little fucks can't scrounge up $5 doesn't mean you can hate.

Fal I'm interested in beta testing any of your current projects :) please hmu if you have the time ([email protected]) :D

-Riku
i wasnt really bitching at falacy, yea i respect him because if i would have never met him I wouldnt be where i am today... I used to look up to him and to this day i use some of his old old sources for some of my games not out of the ease of it but as a respect to him, while i consider the stuff i built off of his source more ike mods.. still it irks me on how he looks down upon people now... he used to be pretty nice, now hes just an ass... i mean if he wants to make games elsewhere then thats his choice, much like how i do mods on games outside of byond... but to look down upon a community that you used to belong to just doesnt make much sense, sure the newer byonders are rather shitty but you need to atleast respect some of the older generations who actually were preductive... you speak poorly of the community as a whole when you know there are those who have done stuff on byond that others would have ever dreamed of...
Think about it this way, If you created several successful games on this site.. only have them either be shut down entirely or extremely limited on what you can do with them... wouldn't you be a little pissed off at the community that did this to you? I personally think Fal's anger towards the BYOND community is completely justified. I don't think he's being directly rude to everyone in particular... but the people who genuinely deserve it. This is just an assumption... But even so I think his lack of respect for the community is well deserved. Considering the way the community has treated him.

-Riku
In response to Rikuuz9
Rikuuz9 wrote:
Think about it this way, If you created several successful games on this site.. only have them either be shut down entirely or extremely limited on what you can do with them... wouldn't you be a little pissed off at the community that did this to you? I personally think Fal's anger towards the BYOND community is completely justified. I don't think he's being directly rude to everyone in particular... but the people who genuinely deserve it. This is just an assumption... But even so I think his lack of respect for the community is well deserved. Considering the way the community has treated him.

-Riku
The BYOND community didn't shut down nor limited Falacy's games. The C&D from FUNimation did.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5