Stray Games

by Falacy
because BYOND.
I'm guessing the Unity card game is just a way to get started. It also seems like you like zombie games so I suggest sticking with that. 7 Days to Die is impressive, but it's still just a run of the mill Zombie survival game. Think outside the box and be a bit creative. Hell, we're still a community here so come back and poll us if you want feedback.

I'm thinking something like a quasi-Infection+Evangelion combo--the real world (in the future) is taken over by the infected undead and the only way to counter them is to unify the few ground forces with the even fewer members that can use the safety suits that hook up to the nervous system. The safety suits can only be worn by those that fit the requirements (which can be supported by in-game skill trees). The safety suits are huge but the game still remains a struggle because of the endless hordes of unique zombies, which adapt/learn and have special traits--up to you what they are.

See? It's easy. Your programming is fine. But gamers want to play good, fun games. Not games with their only merit being low CPU.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:

because, from what I've seen, your games kind of suck?

you must be insane in the membrane because your games suck. his games are the best in byond.
In response to Fivedays
Fivedays wrote:
Writing A New One wrote:

you must be insane in the membrane because your games suck. his games are the best in byond.

rofl. You're not doing anyone a favor by saying WANO's games suck. Eternia is one of the best games on BYOND, and saying that it sucks is, well, just stupid.
I'm the one whom hath called upon Fun-Ent and got these games shot. KABLAM!
In response to KururugiSuzaku
KururugiSuzaku wrote:
Eternia is one of the best games on BYOND

To even call Eternia a game is a bit of a stretch, as it doesn't seem to have much actual gameplay. It is simply an RP chatroom, with decent quality - but completely meaningless - graphics. The quality of those graphics, and the tiny shreds of gameplay that I can manage to find, are disgraced from being built on BYOND, and only running at 10FPS. The simple act of trying to move around in Eternia feels like trying to drag yourself through quicksand.

Grumpy Old Troll wrote:

You must have made a new account then?
Coming to BYOND to find high-quality graphics is just a stupid idea altogether IMO. Personally, I would choose gameplay over graphics any day (though I've never played Eternia and cannot comment on this case).

Edit: However, this thread is starting to turn more into a war between people and Falacy, which isn't the point of this thread to begin with, though, Falacy have you started learning Unity again yet, or done anything progressive since the start of the thread? Also, I wish you luck in the future for whatever you decide to do.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:

Grumpy Old Troll wrote:

You must have made a new account then?

Yes, I've made a new account.
In response to KururugiSuzaku
KururugiSuzaku wrote:
Fivedays wrote:
Writing A New One wrote:

rofl. You're not doing anyone a favor by saying WANO's games suck. Eternia is one of the best games on BYOND, and saying that it sucks is, well, just stupid.

it bothers me how someone could say something stupid like that. Eternia's trash.
let the rage wars begin ._.
In response to Swiftdeath14
Swiftdeath14 wrote:
let the rage wars begin ._.

it already began
Are you currently working on something right now falacy? like outside byond or something? since BE and Paradise city i knew your games were different and fun (knowing byond as a tool just blows and its really restricting from doing decent stuff)
it would be good idk to have a link to actually follow any game progress in case you are working on something.
NEStalgia just got greenlit on steam so blam!
In response to Leoinpharoh
Leoinpharoh wrote:
NEStalgia just got greenlit on steam so blam!

Took them long enough, I wonder how the greenlight voting process works? Is everything guarenteed to be greenlit at some point? If something as bland and unappealing as NEStalgia can get greenlit, then my projects should have no problem, if I ever bother to finish them.

Hope everyone on BYOND doesn't go insane again, and cause the next apocalypse. Last time NEStalgia got a tiny shred of credit for anything; it caused this current version of the great depression. Though, It looks as if it was greenlit like 6 months ago, and nothing has come of it, apparently.
Ah, same ol' same ol'...
Falacy, I'm curious as to which programming language you chose to use within Unity.
In response to The WardenX
The WardenX wrote:
Falacy, I'm curious as to which programming language you chose to use within Unity.

JavaScript
Good choice I've built games in BYOND been here for about 7 years under different keys but never fell in love with byond due to my players having to download the byond software to play my games. Then after I switched to Game Maker Studio after a year in that I felt limited so I just got into Unity after seeing a game called rust utilize Unity and the developers got rich off of it. Anyways nice to see another Unityscripter on Byond!
this platform seems to be better for games with subscriptions, donations and such instead of buy games
In response to Adamkad1
Adamkad1 wrote:
this platform seems to be better for games with subscriptions, donations and such instead of buy games

This platform isn't really good for any games, its barely on par with the SNES, a 25 year old console, and the player counts still haven't recovered from being murdered by a FUNimation shutdown several years ago, and it doesn't really have any native support for external releases, say to Steam or a standalone website.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5