ID:1363816

I was checking like an hour ago the batch of today's greenlit titles and NEStalgia happens to be one of them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ filedetails/?id=92588954

Simply put, awesome news for them and for the community.
This is good for Silk and the community as a whole.
I never played NEStalgia but the trailer looks great!
Probably will be the only BYOND game to get greenlighted.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:

So negative..

http://www.legendsonline.com/#

I don't know if any of you guys have been given the opportunity to test FIREking's Legends Online, let me just say it's going to take BYOND for a wild ride.

Especially since FIREking is doing everything properly such as trademarking the name, paying thousands for art and music.

[EDIT] and for those of you who didn't manage to find the link with the mockup image..

http://www.legendsonline.com/images/mock2.png
Looks interesting. Spending money doesn't guarantee success though but I wish him the best.
Legends online looks sweet.
Congrats on the greenlight! I've played Nestalgia quite a few times in the past and I hope to see the future it has and the development to come.
In response to SilencedWhisper
SilencedWhisper wrote:
Looks interesting. Spending money doesn't guarantee success though but I wish him the best.

But it does pay for quality, and quality does tend to attract success.

(Not to mention that when you make an investment in a project, you are less likely to stop working on it.)
FIREking has kindly included me in some of the testing, the last one was a boss attack .. I was blown away at what happened next, he has invested a lot of time and money already.

All I can say is keep an eye on that game, you'll be surprised when he releases it.

Oh and congrats Silk.
I didn't realize Silk still had interest in going forward with NEStalgia, I thought he dropped development to go work on that other T.V. project he had going.

Anyway, this is where you rub it in the faces of all those retards who kept making "DONT PLAY THIS GAME, THE DEVELOPERS WILL BAN YOU AND TAKE YUR MONEYZ" threads in the Greenlight discussions. I suggest making an announcement video with this playing in the background. I find it hilarious all that effort was put into trying to make this game fail and it succeeded anyway.
In response to A.T.H.K
Looks impressive. Though I can't help but feel I've seen some of those graphics before. In particular the tile set used and that crossbow. I cannot remember where but I am 99.99% certain I've seen the crossbow before. I'll see if I can find it.

Also, he needs to hire someone who can actually make maps.

Anyway, this is where you rub it in the faces of all those retards who kept making "DONT PLAY THIS GAME, THE DEVELOPERS WILL BAN YOU AND TAKE YUR MONEYZ" threads in the Greenlight discussions. I suggest making an announcement video with this playing in the background. I find it hilarious all that effort was put into trying to make this game fail and it succeeded anyway.

To be fair, I heard a hell of a lot of bad things that people related to NEStalgia did (lack of professionalism being the least of it), and then a lot of things were deleted from the Steam page (there are tons of images for proof, Google will provide this). It's not really a smart idea to censor people you've angered, especially on the internet.
The Magic Man wrote:
Looks impressive. Though I can't help but feel I've seen some of those graphics before. In particular the tile set used and that crossbow. I cannot remember where but I am 99.99% certain I've seen the crossbow before. I'll see if I can find it.

Not to sure about that I know he has paid a lot for graphics.

Also, he needs to hire someone who can actually make maps.

It should be noted that the image is call mock2 implying that its a mockup :)
In response to EmpirezTeam
Madow wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:

Who cares about that at all?

No one needs their game to be greenlighted; it shouldn't be 'goal' worthy or something for developers to specifically aim to achieve.

Making a mainstream distribution platform is actually a pretty worthy achievement for a game built with BYOND. Having a reasonable crowd-facing means of distributing your game is something BYOND developers SHOULD focus on if they want to make something that is going to have any meaningful playerbase whatsoever.
NEStalgia has been mentioned along with many others in kotaku - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/08/ look-at-all-these-new-steam-games-theres-a-hundred-of-them/
i don't see why Nestalgia is getting all this game... game doesn't look like much tbh.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
i don't see why Nestalgia is getting all this game... game doesn't look like much tbh.

The thing is NEStalgia isn't Greenlighted because it's some super great game and nothing on BYOND is comparable to it. It's because no one else has externally promoted their games. Several games on BYOND probably could've made it to Steam but the developers simply had no interest to take that step. Silk actually emailed people about his game so they would take notice of it. Everyone else just makes their game and allows it to rot on the hub. Hopefully their success gets people to realize the importance of promoting your game outside of BYOND.
Page: 1 2