ID:13643

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com

For those who dislike clicking links...

I'd like to thank those with morals who have contacted me to support Albino Blacksheep and our member Alan Becker the author of Animator vs. Animation. As I reported earlier, Alan's copyright has been violated by another website. Alan allowed three websites in total to post his file including here at ABS, but no other sites beyond the three. As the copyright holder, Alan has full say where his file may and may not be posted according to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998.

Alan specifically did not allow Mr. Bauman's site to post his file, but Mr. Bauman did so anyways hoping Alan would never even notice. I have spoken to Alan and Alan's father who will take the necessary legal steps against Mr. Bauman. Although it will take some time and money, and I will personally help out anyway I can in this process. I have already donated small funds. I am familiar with Mr. Bauman's documented (il)legal tactics, loopholes and outright lies including his reaction to stealing a file that I worked on, so I will make sure Alan is prepared for that.

It goes without question to regulars here that I have made personal connections with hundreds of animators over the past many years who submit their work here, and I have permission to post every file on this page that is in the Flash format. Alan specifically was smart enough to add MochieBot tracking code that I provided him to the three legitimate copies of his flash file. This is how we have digital proof of the copyright violation, and that the file was decompiled by the actions of Mr Bauman's corporation. As well the tracker serves as proof that this is the site that is the source of the file.

Thanks again for the support. I can't say I am surprised at the amount of people contacting me who have been victims of Mr. Bauman's actions without receiving credit nor giving Mr. Bauman any permission to publish files. If this post concerns you, time to revisit my copyright information article which includes an audio clip of Mr. Bauman's employee stating there are no rules and regulations on the Internet. You wish, Mr. Bauman.

You can find the flash in question here.
All I see is a print screen of Flash 8, is that the whole thing? O.o
You have to click on the Play button. :P
Odd. There should be a big "Play" button that turns into "Create new flash file" when your mouse goes over it.
I always miss out on all the fun. =(
Yeh, saw that a few days ago. Eric Bauman strikes again.
Didnt this happen with Something Awful and YTMND as well?

That guys a total thief! He stole their internets.
This time there seems to be evidence, as well as the capability to actually go through with it.

But yeah, it's happened to both of them before.
Also, if you have flash player 7 or earlier, this probably won't work. I have been having problems lately because of this. So many flash movies are moving up, and I guess the change is major.

Anywho, E. Bauman is annoying, along with his site. I suggest most people don't use his site, dispite my pro-piracy outlook. Bauman rips off the little man, not big companys, and that just can't be over looked. Hopefully he will be largely financially resouncable for this. With a lot of luck, his site will go bye-bye.
What Scoobert said.
Ebaumsworld is a mockery of good animation and humor sites, and it's community is full of people who are extremely annoying and arrogant.
With a lot of luck, he'll get hit by a blimp.

=O
Woah, thieves steal things? From people? On teh internetz? Who would have guessed?

Ebaumsworld is the insecure kid who just tried soooo hard to be funny and cool, but never was.
I don't know what you're trying to get at with the first part of your comment. Nobody's surprised that Ebaum nabs things without asking. It's about it (possibly) finally biting him in the butt for it.
Hilarious animation.
Agreed.
Yeah, the animation rocks!