ID:1367036

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Code:
bound_height = 128
bound_width = 128

Problem description:

When ever I seem to change bound_height or width to fit the size of a players icon the movement of the game seems to become... choppy if lack of a better word. It seems to make the movement harder as if the screen has a hard time keeping up with the icon. I've tried this with even smaller numbers also keeping the width at 32 and changing the high to 64. At first it was fine as long as you left the size to a multiple of 32 but now it just seems of. Is this just happening to me or is this just how it is?

Edited: I forgot to add this this only happens when I change my bound height 64. I am able to have mobs walking around with 128x128 and it will not effect anything. But once mine is change the movement becomes choppy. I don't know if it's the movement of the player or if it is the screen having trouble keeping up.
Pixel movement mode takes over when any of the pixel movement variables are changed in a certain way. Multiples of world.icon_size are fine, because then there's no way for a movable atom to stop lining up with the tile grid.
I'm not really sure what your trying to tell me. I'm not trying to stop any type of lining up. I just want to know is this choppy look suppose to happen or is there away to fix this. Or if i'm just using bound wrong.
In response to Archfiend Master
Best response
Well, how choppy is it getting? If your movers are jumping from position to position, then pixel movement mode activated.

If not, and they're still sliding from tile to tile, there's something else wrong.
In response to Kaiochao
Well taking a closer look at it, the icon seems to still be sliding to each tile. But the screen seems to jump ahead of time which gives it the choppy look. If I had to take a guess it makes it look as if it is off centered an is looking at the player somewhere between the icon which gives it that jump... or am I just way off? And if I am is there any way to fix this?
Since he never got a answer, bump? He bugged me about it before posting here and I couldn't really make out what he was saying myself. I'm pretty sure he uses tile movement, but it's hard to tell as he keeps a test project and a actual project that both have very different things in them; but changing the bounds on the player's mob makes the screen lag behind the movement. So I assume it's a issue with the mob location not updating correctly until after a step is completed.
In response to NNAAAAHH
In response to Kaiochao
Ah- He never informed me of that post. Brought this one up the other day when talking to him, thank you.