ID:136710

I really need a certain feature. I want it so that you can offset client.eye by a number of pixels, like pixel_x and pixel_y for icons. I'm trying to make a game that bypasses the tile limitations, but unless if I do this, it gets ugly with the jumping around of the camera moving once every tile, instead of smoothly. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Garthor wrote:
I really need a certain feature. I want it so that you can offset client.eye by a number of pixels, like pixel_x and pixel_y for icons. I'm trying to make a game that bypasses the tile limitations, but unless if I do this, it gets ugly with the jumping around of the camera moving once every tile, instead of smoothly. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Yep. Vars like client.pixel_x and client.pixel_y have been requested for some time now. I suspect they're on the List.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Yep. Vars like client.pixel_x and client.pixel_y have been requested for some time now. I suspect they're on the List.

Ah, good. I was thinking about requesting this myself, but that would have meant I'd first have to look up whether it was already available, and I never got around to it.

It'd be pretty nifty to see arcade-style action games in BYOND! There might be some lag problems with multiplayer, but I bet single-player games would run very smoothly. And if there weren't lag problems with multiplayer, well, that'd be the berries.

In response to Gughunter
Actually, the game is already playable. It worked pretty well with about 4-6 people in the game. The only problem is everything is limited to ticks, so to make a fast projectile, I have to check the last movement for hitting, and then flick the explosion, which causes explosions behind the thing it hit. Oh well.