ID:1367409

(See the best response by FIREking.)
Code:

Problem description:
I've change the bound height of the players icon to 64 pixels. After this is done every time you take a step the screen would take a step before the players icon does which makes for a very unsmooth movement. Is there anyone way this problem can be corrected.
Best response
If you set bound_height to a non multiple of world.icon_size, the world automatically goes into pixel_movement mode. This is a hard-wired limitation. You simply need to use a multiple of world.icon_size, or come up with another solution.
But if i change world.icon_size won't it change the entire world including the map icons to that size and kind of kill the point of trying to making one icon size bigger then he other. Also unless I'm doing the math wrong the world.icon_size default is 32 pixels so wouldn't 64 be a multiple of it or does both with and high have to be change?

Edited: Just tried it with changing both width and height to 64 and doesn't seem to change anything and in the screen moves before the player.

Edited: Also where can I find out more about pixel_movement mode
It sounds like you're having a problem with how the camera follows the player as it moves around.
You might also take a look at the animate_movement variable.
Yeah at first I thought the problem was the moment but it seems to be the camera/screen fallowing the player around, it takes a step before the player does and then the player takes the step and it makes for an bad look. It is as if the camera is fallowing somewhere in the middle of the icon. I've try to change it by using bound_y and putting it to 16 and -16 to see if I can get it to look at one box that doesn't seem to help. Would there be any way I could lag the screen, slow it down, or change the focus to fix this problem.
In response to FIREking
How would i use animate_movement I've looked it up but don't really explain how to use it.
I just did a little test and I've confirmed that there is an issue here.

Although the world is not in pixel movement mode, the camera is acting as if it is. This is caused by the bounds of the mob being changed from default, even though it's still valid for tile movement.
mob
bounds = "64,64"

Bug spotted! If you want, you can make a bug report about this and refer to this post.
How would I make a bug report?