ID:136749

The forum now has a new archiving system and search-engine. Just enter queries like you would with google, eg:

pepsi // search for "pepsi"
pepsi soda // search for "pepsi" and "soda" in the same message
"pepsi soda" // seach for phrase "pepsi soda"
author:deadron // search for all posts by deadron
pepsi author:deadron // search for posts by deadron containing word "pepsi"
id:1000 // display message 1000
pepsi forum:gen // search for pepsi in the general forum (first three letters to identify forum)

You can link to messages using the same id: system, eg: [link]

We also now have some moderators in place; they'll assist in moving messages to the correct forums and editing out offensive or irrelevant content.

The unread-messages (green posts) have been reset .. sorry about that.
Tom wrote:
The forum now has a new archiving system and search-engine. Just enter queries like you would with google, eg:

pepsi // search for "pepsi"
pepsi soda // search for "pepsi" and "soda" in the same message
"pepsi soda" // seach for phrase "pepsi soda"
author:deadron // search for all posts by deadron
pepsi author:deadron // search for posts by deadron containing word "pepsi"
id:1000 // display message 1000
pepsi forum:gen // search for pepsi in the general forum (first three letters to identify forum)

You can link to messages using the same id: system, eg: [link]

We also now have some moderators in place; they'll assist in moving messages to the correct forums and editing out offensive or irrelevant content.

The unread-messages (green posts) have been reset .. sorry about that.

All this is pretty cool, but, ya didn't need to reset the unread messages ^_~

Hehe

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Mellifluous wrote:

Well, they are stored differently now, so I didn't have a choice! Oh, that reminds me .. the preferences have been reset too, so if you are in a different time-zone or are using anything other than "thread view" as the default, you'll want to go here.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Mellifluous wrote:

Well, they are stored differently now, so I didn't have a choice! Oh, that reminds me .. the preferences have been reset too, so if you are in a different time-zone or are using anything other than "thread view" as the default, you'll want to go here.

Thanks again :)

How long did it take to make all this work out as you wanted it to, I am guessing a while, but still, how long did it take? A rough estimate would do ^_^

--Lee