ID:1368016

Poll: Do you plan on buying it?

Yes 12% (2)
No 50% (8)
Already have it 37% (6)

Login to vote.

So, I'm not really big on MMOs; I'm more of a single-player kind of gamer. I've spent 15 minutes on World of Warcraft and didn't like it, about two weeks on Mabinogi; most of which was boring, and a month on Guild Wars 2 which wasn't as fun as I had hoped. Suffice to say, I think MMOs suck.

I've been hearing about this Final Fantasy MMO for awhile now; apparently it's the remake? but correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I looked into it and it seemed alright, however, that could be due to me playing all but a few Final Fantasy games. #bias

Despite the issues they've been having, I purchased the game. With a nice update coming tomorrow evening to fix the server issues, I'm hoping I can dig into the game this week. I barely finished with the "hold my hand" stage of the game and got my hands on some dungeons.

I don't have too much to complain about as of yet. I guess the only personal issue that comes to mind is that I don't even recall my characters name. All of my attempts resulted in the name taken, so I spammed the random name generator.

Has anyone else looked into this game and/or plan on buying it?
Yep, as you already know lmao. I just reached level 40 Bard last night. The dungeon's difficulty has spiked a bit, my group had to wipe 4 times before we could beat the Titan boss because our dragoon kept getting knocked off the edge. That's not that bad though compared to some stories i've heard of wiping 20 times and still not beating it. I'm playing on Goblin so if youre on that server my characters name is Lancin Swiftheart, feel free to add me.
The only MMOs I'm looking forward to are EQ and ESO since they're the only games that look like they deviate from this stupid, exhausted, "stand in one spot and run through your rotation" BS we've had for years. Thanks a lot, Blizzard.
Boxcar wrote:
Yep, as you already know lmao. I just reached level 40 Bard last night. The dungeon's difficulty has spiked a bit, my group had to wipe 4 times before we could beat the Titan boss because our dragoon kept getting knocked off the edge. That's not that bad though compared to some stories i've heard of wiping 20 times and still not beating it. I'm playing on Goblin so if youre on that server my characters name is Lancin Swiftheart, feel free to add me.

I've yet to try any dungeons, but I plan on trying at least one of them tonight. Congrats on the Bard, by the way. I was aiming for it, but I think I'm going to change my class pretty soon. I'm just unsure what I want to go with since those I plan on playing with haven't decided what they want to be, either.

Regarding the Goblin server, I made my character on whatever server was accepting new characters ( usually one opens up for a split second every half hour ) -- assuming those I talk to in person get the game as they have stated, and the server issues have been dealt with, I'll go ahead and make a character on your server.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
The only MMOs I'm looking forward to are EQ and ESO since they're the only games that look like they deviate from this stupid, exhausted, "stand in one spot and run through your rotation" BS we've had for years. Thanks a lot, Blizzard.

Haven't got into anything Blizzard related, probably because they're so cold. (huehuehue)

Not too informed on MMOs coming out, but I'd imagine the latter (ESO) is Elder Scrolls Online. Unsure what the former is, unfortunately. I've yet to run into the "rotation" issue, although I'm heavily informed that it's quite a big trend for most MMOs. FFXIV has yet to make me do this, however, and has allowed me to play "my way".

Falcon lazorz wrote:
MMOs I'm looking forward to this year are: .

That's how it was for me too, but I got paid near FFXIV's release and went "WELP TIME TO NOT MANAGE MY MONEY"!
Been playing it recently. It's another generic WoW clone, with a lick of Final Fantasy paint.

The game is ok, but it's nothing special or game changing. It has decent, and consistent quality, looks great and the music is some of the best I've heard in a MMO. But at the end of the day it's still another series of kill and fetch quests.