Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
ID:1369281

Alright I started a round of classic on the mansion map with 5 AI. The only modification to the default settings being that AI is never selected as murderer and the spawners have realistic item limits.
I grab a flashlight, rag, and mop before turning out the lights and grabbing the axe out back.
I come back inside and mop up the water so I don't slip in it later, and chase down and kill one of the AI, then a second AI who walks up as I was walking away.
I then head to the bathroom to wash up and when I come out someone has turned back on the lights, so I start mopping up the blood.
I stop mopping to head upstairs and take out the phone lines when the round ends and it suddenly says that the AI I killed first won the round.
Since I was the murderer and hadn't been killed that means that they reported me....but they were dead...
That seems like a pretty significant bug to me.

(TL:DR)
The AI I killed first in the match somehow managed to call the police from beyond the grave.
Hmmm... Definitely a bug. Ghosts shouldn't be able to interact with anything, let alone the phones...

I wonder how/when I broke this? Oh well, I'll fix it.
I can't seem to reproduce this one. Everything seems to be programmed properly (the check is in place to prevent Ghost players from using the phone), and it worked as expected for my tests (I tried to use the phone after being killed, and it wouldn't let me) So I can't really figure this one out.

Stupid question, though; are you sure the first victim was dead, and not just unconscious? (as in, did you see the "so-and-so had been killed" text output, see a ghost leave the body, the icon actually changed to a body vs. changed to the unconscious state (hands down vs. hands up, plus a slightly greenish tint), etc?

My only reasonable explanation is that the victim was only knocked out, and then came to and went to accuse you.
Yeah I got the "so-and-so has been killed" text output and while i didn't see a ghost leave the body I did see the body turn pale white like all the dead bodies were turning in all the rounds I played.
What I was thinking might have happened is it might have assigned two AI the same name, but I don't recall there being two of them when I checked the "register" when starting the match.