ID:1369596

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
There are points in the game where I don't want the player able to control there players but instead let the game control it for them. This isn't a cut scene but during live game play during fights. This includes movement with the arrow keys and all of that you kind of just have to go with the flow for a while. I know I can put in a var and run a check to stop attacks but the input for the movement seems to have me stumped. Thanks.

the var approach should work just fine.

edit client/Move() to check so that their commands are stopped but general movement isn't screwed up.
The thing is that if I make it so that they can't move using their keyboard that way and I wanted them to still move they wouldn't be able to move right.

Edited :As in I take there power to move using a var. But I still want them to move due to what's going on around them.

look up client's Move() proc, then look up movable atom's Move() proc

client/Move() is called when a directional verb is used (keypress stuff)

the latter Move() is called by client/Move()
Yeah that doesn't seem to do what I need it to. I use the step to proc and that is bunch up with the keypress stuff. So then there is no way to disable inputs from your computer for a while then?
I'd use FA's Keyboard library or something of my own that does virtually the same as the aforementioned.
In response to Archfiend Master
Try posting what you've done. Unless I'm misunderstanding you this will work.
mob
var
Moveing = 0
walk_delay = 3
Frozen = 0

Move()
if(src.Moveing || src.Frozen)
return
else
src.Moveing = 1
..()
sleep(src.walk_delay)
src.Moveing = 0

This is the code for move and to froze the player. What I am trying to use is the proc step_to() to make the player walk up to another. The move your telling me to do seems to only work with directions. If the player is frozen then using step_to() will not work.
In response to Archfiend Master
Best response
As expected, you're overriding mob/Move().

You're supposed to be using client/Move(), which is what player input has to go through on its way to mob/Move().

A good programmer should pay attention to detail.
In response to Kaiochao
Yup, your right I see what I did wrong I took the idea you had and for some reason I picked it up in the reverse way where instead of changing it to client and move with mob I try to keep it mob and move it with the client version. Thanks for the help.