ID:137032

We went ahead and put it on the hub. Everyone should upgrade (through DS) as soon as possible, just so we can all be on the same page. We'll be taking a little hiatus from coding the BYOND software so we can work on the site, forum, and community issues. We will of course continue to fix bugs as they get reported. Hopefully there's nothing devastating that hasn't been mentioned yet. Even if there is, this version should be so much more stable and powerful than 306 that it's definitely worth the download!
That's great! I've noticed no bugs in the past version (313) you even fixed the not logging out problem. I'll upgrade as soon as my 30 meg file from Gazoot is done!
Damn right, Tom! Now there won't be those guys with 1000 keys that just keep spamming and spamming. You go guys!

-S
I am pleased with the new upgrades, dispite my multiple errors with 306 - latest beta versions, 313 and 314 have yet to generate any form of bug that i have seen, It is remarkable, and i wish to thank you guys, This system is a great start for learning the basics of thinking and producing for your very own graphical games. Before this i was working on multiple text muds in c++, with IRC chat formats, and i think this software allows more possibilities for me and my gaming ideas, so thanks.

Also some suggestions and questions...

(Question) Is the byond browser capable for an IRC chat? and if so, is there a way to change the "/nick" piece to equal the user's key name through the browse() procedure?

(Suggestion) I would suggest that in the future, the pallet in the DM be set to a higher bit, or a different method of changing colors, so like in MS paintbrush, the image can hold many more colors then the pallet.

-- (The icon artist formerly known as) SonVegitto
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
I am pleased with the new upgrades, dispite my multiple errors with 306 - latest beta versions, 313 and 314 have yet to generate any form of bug that i have seen, It is remarkable, and i wish to thank you guys

Thanks for using it! I'm glad it appears to be stable finally.

(Question) Is the byond browser capable for an IRC chat? and if so, is there a way to change the "/nick" piece to equal the user's key name through the browse() procedure?

Short answer: I don't think so.

Long answer: IRC uses its own protocol, so if the browser is displaying an irc chat it's probably just relaying the transmitted data to an embedded window. I don't know if there are any IRC-like setups that use the http:// protocol. If so, you could probably use the browser to handle interactions or possibly use the new http:// support for world.Export(). Of course, that defeats the point since you could just do your own browser-based chat in DM.

(Suggestion) I would suggest that in the future, the pallet in the DM be set to a higher bit, or a different method of changing colors, so like in MS paintbrush, the image can hold many more colors then the pallet.

Yes, in one of the future versions we'll upgrade the graphics system to full 24-bit. We actually had it working somewhat on the backend for some of the beta versions, but building in compatibility to the editors was a bit too time-consuming to handle at the moment.
Yes you I agree the site does need some work. The News page has not been updated since October hehe.
In response to Little Sally
No wonder they decided to have the page start out on Game Listing instead of News :oP
In response to Little Sally
Little Sally wrote:
Yes you I agree the site does need some work. The News page has not been updated since October hehe.

That's because 314 is the newest upgrade since October.
In response to Tom
Yes, in one of the future versions we'll upgrade the graphics system to full 24-bit. We actually had it working somewhat on the backend for some of the beta versions, but building in compatibility to the editors was a bit too time-consuming to handle at the moment.

I'm looking forward to this now. With the full 24-bit palette, I'll be able to store all the information in my board files in a single icon. That means I can let players load in custom board icons anytime they want!

Most of my boards look much better in full color to begin with.