ID:137043

It's starting to annoy me to be playing a game and one of the banners start downloading and lags me up, would it be a problem for you to put in an option to disable the banner changing thing in DS?

-Nadrew
And it wouldn't hurt to provide some kind of check to only allow properly sized banners. The Silver banner I'm looking at now is 3x the height of the banner window...
In response to Foomer
There's a few banners that are like that..
In response to Nadrew
I'd hate to see one of those full page banners show up on there...
In response to Foomer
Me too, there was an animated one that came up earlier. It was 200 kb I think... I was lagged to the point of shutting down DS.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Me too, there was an animated one that came up earlier. It was 200 kb I think... I was lagged to the point of shutting down DS.

Along with perhaps enforcing some policy solutions, perhaps banners should be downloaded to DS very slowly, to ensure no interruption to a game.
In response to Deadron
That would help but not stop it, even slow ingame downloads produce lag. I stand by my request to be able to disallow banner downloads while in DS.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
And it wouldn't hurt to provide some kind of check to only allow properly sized banners. The Silver banner I'm looking at now is 3x the height of the banner window...

The Silver and Mordor banners have been dealt with for the moment.