ID:137089

Beta #43 (notes)

Yet more fixes and debugging trace-points. Please keep testing and sending in those helpful reports.
I would still like to see the pager name list and received window side-by-side, this could make it alot easier for us resolution handicapped people to use the new pager features.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I would still like to see the pager name list and received window side-by-side, this could make it alot easier for us resolution handicapped people to use the new pager features.

Disabled is a more politer term.
In response to Devil Man
Devil Man wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

Disabled is a more politer term.

Why are you so intent on getting at Nadrew?
In response to Devil Man
Handicapped and Disabled mean two different things. Disabled would suggest that Nadrew has no monitor, while handicapped just means it doesn't quite work the way he'd prefer.
In response to Mellifluous
I am not. I thought he would be over 22 and he used a term that is not really appropriate for Disabled people.
In response to Devil Man
Devil Man wrote:
I am not. I thought he would be over 22 and he used a term that is not really appropriate for Disabled people.

Wrong, Handicapped is one of the polite ways to talk about a Handicapped person.

PLUS, like Foomer stated above, they mean different things. Please read Foomers response and take a good long look at why Nadrew used the term Handicapped.

Lee
In response to Foomer
Yes thats monitors. I dont know about the US but here if you call a guy in a wheel chair handicaped you would get a funny look. Whereas if you called him Disabled its still bad but not as bad.(Thats if you say to him "Are you handicaped?" or "Are you Disabled?")
In response to Devil Man
Why are you talking about people in wheelchairs? That has nothing to do with this conversation :oP
In response to Foomer
your right =8)
In response to Devil Man
Devil Man wrote:
Yes thats monitors. I dont know about the US but here if you call a guy in a wheel chair handicaped you would get a funny look. Whereas if you called him Disabled its still bad but not as bad.(Thats if you say to him "Are you handicaped?" or "Are you Disabled?")

Your appointing yourself way off from the point of this topic.

Nadrew used Handicapped in his terms not yours, not mine, not Foomers, but his. Whether or not he is handicapped thats not to do with us unless he wants us to know. If he wanted to use Disabled he would use it, but he didnt want to. Plus in my opinion I would say that Handicapped would be the best word to describe what he said than what Disabled does. As handicapped means your at a slight disadvantage whereas compared to disabled your strictly limited to what you can do. If you where blind you are disabled. If you are short sighted like me your handicapped. I much prefere handicapped in this situation as its less meaningful to the person than disabled is.

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Stutturing is classed as a disabilty by the NHS and i think private sector care as well.
In response to Devil Man
Okay, lets keep this on BYOND 312.43, and carry anything else to Babble.
In response to Devil Man
Devil Man wrote:
I am not. I thought he would be over 22

I'm not, I'm only 14

and he used a term that is not really appropriate for Disabled people.

I wasn't talking about disabled people I was talking about people with low resolution moniters, you're getting the wrong idea from a simple statement.