ID:137122

Beta #41 (notes)

This is going out as 312 to make the new client.byond_version useful for the latest release.
Wow, that's alot of betas...I have 45+ megs of byond betas on my hard drive, I need to clear those out now...anyways, looking good, guys! Keep up the good work. ::goes off to clear some betas out::
In response to Nadrew
It just dawned on me that I have not upgraded since Beta 36! Should I apply all the patches up to b41 consecutively? Or is it enough to apply b41 alone?
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
It just dawned on me that I have not upgraded since Beta 36! Should I apply all the patches up to b41 consecutively? Or is it enough to apply b41 alone?

You only have to apply the latest.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:

You only need to apply the b41, its not necessary to download each and every update to the latest one now.

Thats how I update mine, I stick with one for awhile then I update. I am currently running in b40. Its serving me very well to for now ^_^

So just download b41: Here

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
I thought that only the latest was required, but I wanted to make sure. In an old MUD community I was in a few years back, they did incremental upgrades to the code - annoying if you did not keep up... well, it was annoying to always be adding on, come to think of it...
Did "set right_click = 0" make it in this release? I saw no mention of it in the release notes for b40 or b41.
We're only finishing up one final thing for 313 (the great public release), and then, oh sweet stability.

Ho ho ho! I expect to be doing some intensive programming pretty soon... if experience is any guide, I should generate a few valid bug reports, plus numerous false ones. :)
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Did "set right_click = 0" make it in this release? I saw no mention of it in the release notes for b40 or b41.

Oops. Yes it did, but it's called "set popup_menu" (another horrific DanTom name dispute). It's mentioned in the reference; I'll put a blurb in the notes too.
I don't like the new pager layout, because now I can't view the pager recieved window, and who's online thing at the same time (resolution issue). Can you make them side-by-side?
In response to Nadrew
Same here
In response to Sariat
I found this out the hard way do this step by step
1) Open Dream seeker
2) goto Options
3) " " Preferences
4) " " Pager
5) Unmark the "Display Pages in the pager window..." box.

There, problem solved, and glad i could be of some assistance.
In response to SonVegitto
I like using the new pager box though, the layout is just resolution biased. Also, here's a weird screen shot from the new version:

Good day,
IMHO you should add "(312)" to download page too.
I did not updated my program, becouse of assuming next things (I didn't readed this forum earlier):
* Version 306 is "stable" one.
* Version 307b is just a tiny bit better (1/306) and yet unstable.
* Windowns version updates are delayed (because Linux and FreeBSD already have 311 versions) and maybe there are thoughts to abandon Windows support at all.

Now, looking at topic of this message, I understand, I was wrong, but not when I was looking in "Download" page.

Have a good day.

Kestutis.
In response to Kestutis
Kestutis wrote:
Good day,
IMHO you should add "(312)" to download page too.
I did not updated my program, becouse of assuming next things (I didn't readed this forum earlier):

Some of the 307-312 betas have been unstable, but most of them were just fine. 306 actually had a few bugs--some quite old ones--that weren't fixed until recently, and the betas have added some amazing new features. The official release will be light-years ahead of where 306 was, and most of the new games under development actually rely on features not found in 306.

307 has gone into as many betas as it has because of feature creep, but those features are well worth it.

Lummox JR
In response to Kestutis
Kestutis wrote:
* Windowns version updates are delayed (because Linux and FreeBSD already have 311 versions) and maybe there are thoughts to abandon Windows support at all.

1) 306 had bugs in it too, although maybe your code never pushed the boundaries to discover them,
2) 307b41 (actually a form of 312) is far and away more advanced, and more stable than its predecessors (as Lummox Jr notes),
3) Had you kept up with the updates, you would find that although the Windows versions show the lower number, the progressive updating of the beta (36-41 being the latest public updates) obviously has kept its developers very busy. I seriously doubt that Windows support will disappear, especially since graphical games are best developed there... You should really check your facts before making such outlandish observations...

I still pray at night for a graphical Linux DreamSeeker some day... :) (hint,hint)