ID:137202

I can use it for the most part connecting and all but I cant seem to make it so when you connect to a certain port it opens the game.If this topic has been addressed point me to a link or something, I've read the help it comes with and still cant get it to work.
DoOmBringer wrote:
I can use it for the most part connecting and all but I cant seem to make it so when you connect to a certain port it opens the game.If this topic has been addressed point me to a link or something, I've read the help it comes with and still cant get it to work.

First of all, if you are running this in windows, you need the latest beta version of the software. It doesn't work in the last public release (306).

Here's how it should work:

The host server runs a some fixed port (say 1026). Everything else runs on a dynamic port.

Games are identified by the path in which they are installed. For example, if a host account is created for somebody with a byond key of 'Ernie', and he installs the file byond/MyGame/MyGame.dmb on his site, then people can connect to it by using any of the following addresses:

byond://histip:1026/Ernie/MyGame/MyGame.dmb
byond://hostip:1026/Ernie/MyGame/MyGame
byond://hostip:1026/Ernie/MyGame

Of course, by registering an entry in BYOND Hub, you can make the host accessible using a hub address such as byond://YourKey.Host. And, Ernie could register a byond hub entry with a login URL from the above list so that players could connect by simply doing byond://Ernie.MyGame.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

--Dan
In response to Dan
Dan wrote:
Here's how it should work:

The host server runs on some fixed port (say 1026). Everything else runs on a dynamic port.

What if (like me) dynamic ports aren't available to your connection? Could you put in an option to open certain games on certain ports or range of ports?

~X

In response to Dan
Cannot find requested world '/doombringer/Test/Test.dmb
This is there error i get when i connect to
myip:port/doombringer/Test/Test.dmb

The location is home wich is the base folder right?
doombinger/Test/Test.dmb or do i have to include
home/doombringer/Test/Test.dmb
In response to Dan
How the heck do you get beta running... screws up for me every time...?

WickedEdge
"Whea da white women at?"
-Excerpt from Blazing Saddles.
In response to WickedEdge
What do you mean by "screws up"?
In response to Nadrew
It doesnt download thru BYOND so i would hafta unzip it manually.
When I do unzip it, it unzips dream deploy, dream daemon, then it gets to dream maker, and it just goes...and goes...and goes.... until DM takes up my whole hard drive.
I do got full inst of 306.. someone said u needed that