ID:137379

I'm sick of deleting threads because some of you seem to have this innate need to wander off topic and insult one another. Stop it.

(Sariat, one of the threads I deleted involved the right-click bug you found. I was unable to reproduce the problem, so if you could package up an example or point me to a demo that would be swell.)
I was going to say something to them, but I ran a risk of starting another flame war.
Tom wrote:
I'm sick of deleting threads because some of you seem to have this innate need to wander off topic and insult one another. Stop it.

(Sariat, one of the threads I deleted involved the right-click bug you found. I was unable to reproduce the problem, so if you could package up an example or point me to a demo that would be swell.)

Hmmm, I cant seem to remember what I did in super hero bash to trigger it, but this bug works great in Paintball Outpost.

Here are the steps to trigger it:

1. Right Click yourself
2. Walk up one tile any direction
3. Right click yourself and there are doubles of you. It has something to with a verb on the usr. I just can't seem to remember what I did...

-Sariat
In response to Nadrew
I wish there was an option to make your post non-respondable to, but I don't think that'd to any good anyway :oP
In response to Foomer
you tell them tom
master
:)
- RaeKwon
Tom wrote:
Tom, I am sorry that my fellow BYONDers are acting this way. Its not all of them, just a few of them. I, for one, love your great creation. I don't know what I would be doing without it. Thanks Tom. People just don't know how hard it is to be Tom. I will try not to add to endless threads that you deleted from the forum.

-Sariat
In response to Sariat
3. Right click yourself and there are doubles of you. It has something to with a verb on the usr. I just can't seem to remember what I did...

I see this all the time, myself. I think its necessary to click yourself while you're moving to see it, but I'm not completely sure. I also think it might do it with other mobs (and possibly objs), and not just the one the client is connected to.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
I wish there was an option to make your post non-respondable to, but I don't think that'd to any good anyway :oP

I believe Dantom has demonstrated that the forum does have moderator capability to "close" a thread to further discussion, but making this a user option might cause abuses--people would leave strings of childish posts and then mark them unrespondable, the forum equivalent of sticking their hands in their ears and singing "Nanny nanny nanny, I can't hear you!"
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:

I see this all the time, myself. I think its necessary to click yourself while you're moving to see it, but I'm not completely sure. I also think it might do it with other mobs (and possibly objs), and not just the one the client is connected to.

I'll test this out a bit later. It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the icons. Is that right, or has this only started happening in the latest beta?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the icons. Is that right, or has this only started happening in the latest beta?

It has done this for a long time. I noticed a few months ago that sometimes right clicking my tank in Tanks displayed two turrets and two of my tank. I could never reproduce it, so I didn't report it.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
AbyssDragon wrote:

I'll test this out a bit later. It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the icons. Is that right, or has this only started happening in the latest beta?

its has been happening for quite some time. i considered it not to be a bug because it only showed up 2 of them as you were moving, and i figured that this is how the system displays the mob moving from one tile to the next. if you wanna call it a bug, you can reproduce it, just move your mob, and right click him before he gets to the next tile. make sure he has a verb so that you can indeed right click him.

FIREking
In response to Tom

Nothing at all to do with icons, its all in the verb popup.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
LOL, Tom you went off the subject :)

Stealth2k

Just playin
As ye reap so shall ye sow. Cater to children, and you'll find yourself in the company of them. If you want adults and adult behaviour, create accounting software, not games.

Oh, I can see the replies to this one are going to pile up fast...

~X
In response to Xooxer
As ye reap so shall ye sow. Cater to children, and you'll find yourself in the company of them. If you want adults and adult behaviour, create accounting software, not games.

People of all ages like games! But you're right to figure that a gaming-oriented product will inevitably draw lots of young folks. We just have to try to learn 'em some manners.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:

Oh, I can see the replies to this one are going to pile up fast...

I don't like being baited, but I guess I'm obligated to say that almost everyone I regularly play online games with is an adult and has been for sometime. Some of them are even somewhat well-known in their professional fields.

The idea that games are for kids is about as realistic as the idea that comics are for kids -- only if you make them that way.
In response to Xooxer
Who says you can't create accounting software with Byond? You can even host it live and get help from your friends!
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:

I don't like being baited, but I guess I'm obligated to say that almost everyone I regularly play online games with is an adult and has been for sometime. Some of them are even somewhat well-known in their professional fields.

The idea that games are for kids is about as realistic as the idea that comics are for kids -- only if you make them that way.

Indeed, the average age of online gamers is 29! I forget where in this stack of computer magazines I read that, but it was from a study conducted in summer 2001.