ID:137405

Some of you who work in a group who shares code through "invitation only" libraries might appreciate the ability in the new channel system to publish stuff for channel members only. That way, you can just configure the list of users in one place, rather than for each individual library. You can still publish a library in multiple channels and you can add individual subscribers to the library who are not channel members, so it is completely flexible.

Not only that, but members who go to your channel can see a nice index of all the stuff published there, in case they ever need to do so. If you have a website for your development group, you can just link to the channel from there and it makes a nice addition.

Well, let us know if this is useful and if anything can be improved.

--Dan
Holy jumping monkeys Batman! These new features rock!
Dan wrote:
Some of you who work in a group who shares code through "invitation only" libraries might appreciate the ability in the new channel system to publish stuff for channel members only.

Now who could you be thinking of???

Thanks Dan, this idea is great. Also, we're discussing developing a little Beta player team for DDT projects, and I imagine that we could set up some kind of Beta channel...tres cool.

From the tense used in your post, sounds like we can set up a DDT development channel right away...I'll go poke around!
Dan wrote:
Not only that, but members who go to your channel can see a nice index of all the stuff published there, in case they ever need to do so.

The libraries I associated with the channel don't show up on the channel page...should they? Can they?
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Dan wrote:
Not only that, but members who go to your channel can see a nice index of all the stuff published there, in case they ever need to do so.

The libraries I associated with the channel don't show up on the channel page...should they? Can they?

Okay I see what's happening: My libraries are listed as hidden, so they don't show up in the channel.

Once the old hub system is removed, will a visible library show up in any place besides channels it belongs to?