ID:137545

Could this be a possible solution to the problem of allowing client-side access to builder-created lists for setting src? For instance, if I wanted a cast spell, with the src set in var/list/spells, that wouldn't work, because the client program doesn't have access to the vars... but if we could do something like this:

obj/spellbook/verb/cast
set src in statpanel("Spells")

than the verb would only be accessible if the obj in question appears in a statpanel named "Spells". I'm guessing that the client would be able to check this, since it does display the statpanels.

Aside from streamlining some cumbersome systems in my own game, this could prove the solution to Water's animal problem and quite a few others that I've seen.
If you want a well-paying job, Lexy, move to Canada. I'll vote for you as Prime Minister! =)
I say aye to that. I've had many projects that could use a little set src in statpanel()... good request!
In response to Spuzzum
Would I actually have to live in Canada?
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
Would I actually have to live in Canada?

Yeah, we would let you.
LexyBitch wrote:
obj/spellbook/verb/cast
set src in statpanel("Spells")

We discussed this and think it is a great idea that shouldn't be too problematic. There are a couple of subtle problems due to the fact that the statpanels don't always update (they only update when you are looking at them, to save bandwidth), but that can either be a limitation or we can workaround it. Anyway, it's on the List.