ID:137564

After two months of development and a month of beta-testing, we're pleased to announce version 306 (305 skipped internally). It has far too many new fixes and features to list here, but you can read about them in excrutiating detail in the release notes. Since this is such a major release, we're not going to announce it on the BYOND Hub (allowing users to automatically upgrade through Dream Seeker) just yet; we'll wait a few days for that. If you want to get ahold of it now, simply visit the Download page and get the latest update (or full-install for you new users).

We're already fast at work on 307/308, which will be the final version for BYOND 2.0. We are now about a year behind where we last anticipated we would make our marketing push, but the product is much better for it and we anticipate great things very shortly.
Tom wrote:
After two months of development and a month of beta-testing, we're pleased to announce version 306 (305 skipped internally). It has far too many new fixes and features to list here, but you can read about them in excrutiating detail in the release notes. Since this is such a major release, we're not going to announce it on the BYOND Hub (allowing users to automatically upgrade through Dream Seeker) just yet; we'll wait a few days for that. If you want to get ahold of it now, simply visit the Download page and get the latest update (or full-install for you new users).

We're already fast at work on 307/308, which will be the final version for BYOND 2.0. We are now about a year behind where we last anticipated we would make our marketing push, but the product is much better for it and we anticipate great things very shortly.

Wow,alot of new features I think this is a big step forward. Good Job.A small suggestion put some easly accessible documentation on how to use the mouse functions.

<font color=blue><<</font><font color=red>Nadrew</font><font color=blue>>></font>
In response to Nadrew
i have a fully functioning mouse demo that can be plugged into any game, using variables you can state which objects can be picked up, dropped, or both. You can also create special turfs that will not allow the mouse to move them to that spot. you would do something like this for a dense object

ill upload it tomorrow!

FIREking
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
i have a fully functioning mouse demo that can be plugged into any game, using variables you can state which objects can be picked up, dropped, or both. You can also create special turfs that will not allow the mouse to move them to that spot. you would do something like this for a dense object

ill upload it tomorrow!

FIREking

I was thinking more along the lines of something like whats in F1 help on in Dream Maker,By the way Vortezz already made something like that.
In response to Nadrew
WHAT!
I had this done like 2 weeks ago, and i better be the first!

FIREking
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
WHAT!

FIREking

He sent it to me around the first beta of 306.
In response to Nadrew
yeah, but i was going to release this publicly, not just to one person, i imagine he is too, but that is what explains my delay
Hey Tom, it looks great! I didn't even know you were working on drag and drop. I look forward to seeing some games with that. Unfortunately the game of mine that could use it the most -- Backgammon -- may not be updated to take advantage. My hard drive was corrupted and I lost the most recent version. (I had an older version backed up, but it lacks sound and who knows what else.)

Here's a question: is there some way to make it so that the cursor icons display to other players?

I'm also pleased with the new shorthand in the list() proc. Looks like a great update!

Z
In response to Zilal
Zilal wrote:
Hey Tom, it looks great! I didn't even know you were working on drag and drop. I look forward to seeing some games with that. Unfortunately the game of mine that could use it the most -- Backgammon -- may not be updated to take advantage. My hard drive was corrupted and I lost the most recent version. (I had an older version backed up, but it lacks sound and who knows what else.)

Aw, that's too bad. Hopefully you'll be able to repair it someday. I hate losing code.

Here's a question: is there some way to make it so that the cursor icons display to other players?

You mean so that different players see different cursors? You can have full control with client.mouse_pointer_icon.

I'm also pleased with the new shorthand in the list() proc. Looks like a great update!

We hope so too. I see some fresh bug reports (conveniently after the beta testing has ended :) ... bah!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Zilal wrote:

You mean so that different players see different cursors? You can have full control with client.mouse_pointer_icon.

No no... so that someone else can see where and what MY cursor is. Like so they could see me pick up a piece and move it in backgammon. Which probably won't be happening now, but what the hey.

Z
In response to Zilal
Zilal wrote:

No no... so that someone else can see where and what MY cursor is. Like so they could see me pick up a piece and move it in backgammon. Which probably won't be happening now, but what the hey.

Oh. Yikes. You got the "won't be happening now" part right. Now just add "... or probably ever" and you'll be set!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Zilal wrote:

Oh. Yikes. You got the "won't be happening now" part right. Now just add "... or probably ever" and you'll be set!

You could sort of do this with the mouse.drag proc. I havent played the game, but it could be set up so when you mouse.down a piece, an /obj/hand 'floats' to the piece, follows the mouse.drag, then return to its home on mouse up. You might have to build in some delays for the home to piece move, but until we get mouse.over() proc :) thats probably the best you can do.

In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
FIREking wrote:
WHAT!

FIREking

He sent it to me around the first beta of 306.

What?! x_x

I honestly don't remember having this happen... If it was after you told me that you'd found the 306 beta, and asked how to use mouse functions, that wasn't a library at all. That was just a small demonstration that anyone could cook up.

FIREking, go ahead and release that. I don't know what Nadrew is talking about.