Use:
How do I record the gif tho with the animation?
Download Licecap, which can be downloaded here.

Its not liking image shack for the site, should I use a different website for uploading?
You can download puush,
or you can upload to imgur.com.
There we go that one worked. Thank you very much makeii

This is what I've used it for on one of my projects, nothing spectacular, but it really makes the movement of the enemies easier to animate and also makes the background/shots much less static.
The lazers ARE TOO SMALL are they lazers for ants?
What are you talking about!?
We need a bullet hell game!

Someone make this happen.
http://www.youtube.com/ watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0q1XdsrDINE
Holly crap that looks like it needs to be done.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:

Well I was developing a shootemup with Juno. It wasn't going to be a bullet hell game though; it would have been more about reflexes and strategy than about precise movements.

But I think that people right now would prefer that I work on Andromeda than on Juno.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:

Someone make this happen.
http://www.youtube.com/ watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0q1XdsrDINE

I had a small engine I was working on way back in 2011 using v490. I'm interested to see how much I can fit on the screen with the new procs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gcy9KH0YiU
Here is what I could fit on the screen (currently without slowdown and without using the new procs) using 4 different bullet instructions at 60 FPS. What's shown here is bullet density and bullet speed increasing as the mob's health dropped and another bullet pattern appearing after the mob dropped below 50% health.
In response to Mega fart cannon
Your video is private.
Whoops. Fixed it.
Has anybody used the new var alpha? I am probably going to use it soon, and I wondered if it used much CPU (because I would be changing it's value every half second, or so).
In response to Eternal_Memories
Eternal_Memories wrote:
Has anybody used the new var alpha? I am probably going to use it soon, and I wondered if it used much CPU (because I would be changing it's value every half second, or so).

It would use just as much CPU as changing the icon_state every half a second.

This would not be a problem, assuming you aren't doing it for a massive number of objects.

In general, you can get away with about 50,000-100,000 visual changes per second before topping out a 3.0ghz processor, so long as you aren't doing intense calculation as part of the change.
I used it plenty of times in my v500 contest entry. It is super easy to fade things in and out with animate(), and I also made the clouds on the screen become less transparent the closer you got to the objective.
A month late to the party, but I finally got my proof-of-concept done:

It only supports a single light, but I'm hoping that with a little more network/appearance optimization on my end it'll be playable online with ~4 people.

Try it out (206.0 KB)
Very nice, indeed. I've still yet to play with this stuff. [Procrastinator]
In response to DarkCampainger
I don't see how animate() is being used there, but at least it still looks nice.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19