ID:137707

On the map editor (text mode), when you place a turf with no bgcolor over one that has one, it appears to pick up the bgcolor from the one it's replacing, much the way that a transparent or partially transparent icon will retain an image of the turf it's imposed over. This would be a very cool and useful effect for text games, if it actually translated into an effect when you run the game.
LexyBitch wrote:
On the map editor (text mode), when you place a turf with no bgcolor over one that has one, it appears to pick up the bgcolor from the one it's replacing, much the way that a transparent or partially transparent icon will retain an image of the turf it's imposed over. This would be a very cool and useful effect for text games, if it actually translated into an effect when you run the game.

Ha! =P

More ASCII-graphics competition? I'd better churn out Asciiwar and Basic Roguelike World faster...!

You are right: multiple turfs are not currently handled as expected at run-time. It works for any other object type, but back before background colors in text mode, there didn't appear to be any reason to transmit information about turf underlays, so that got left out.

Don't expect a fix tomorrow, but do expect a fix!
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

Ha! =P

More ASCII-graphics competition? I'd better churn out Asciiwar and Basic Roguelike World faster...!

Don't worry about speed... if not for this glitch, you wouldn't have heard about this project at all for a looooong time.
In response to Dan
Don't expect a fix tomorrow, but do expect a fix!

No problem, as long as you don't expect an ASCII game tomorrow. :)
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
Spuzzum wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

Ha! =P

Don't worry about speed... if not for this glitch, you wouldn't have heard about this project at all for a looooong time.

Finally, I have found a spelling mistake in a post from Lexy! The word "looooong" is spelled "long".

I really shouldn't point that out though, since most of my posts contain about one or two spelling mistakes each sentence.

FIREking

Ps. This post does not contain any spelling mistakes apon my behalf except for the correction that I have made. =)
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:
Spuzzum wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

Ha! =P

Finally, I have found a spelling mistake in a post from Lexy! The word "looooong" is spelled "long".

I really shouldn't point that out though, since most of my posts contain about one or two spelling mistakes each sentence.

FIREking

Ps. This post does not contain any spelling mistakes apon my behalf except for the correction that I have made. =)

Are you looking for a cookie or something?
In response to Shadowdarke
Indeed I am!
In response to FIREking

No, the word "long" is spelled "long." The word "looooong" doesn't, strictly speaking, exist... it could be taken as a slang term, or pehaps, if you're feeling whimsical, an onamotopeia (literal translation of a sound) for the way one says "long" with emphasis. Either way, it's not spelled "long."

Really.
In response to LexyBitch

Oof! Maybe I better come up with a fix. I hate to hold up the advancement of ASCII games.
In response to Dan
Dan wrote:

Oof! Maybe I better come up with a fix. I hate to hold up the advancement of ASCII games.

Oh, I think you misunderstood me... I just meant that I won't have an ASCII game ready for quite some time anyway.
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:

No, the word "long" is spelled "long." The word "looooong" doesn't, strictly speaking, exist... it could be taken as a slang term, or pehaps, if you're feeling whimsical, an onamotopeia (literal translation of a sound) for the way one says "long" with emphasis. Either way, it's not spelled "long."

Really.

Actually i should have said the word you were tying to say, long, is spelled long, not loooooong.

Thanks for the "apon" fix, but i thought there were apon, and upon, didnt know for sure.

I knew i should have worded that differently.

Counting the mistakes in this post would be pointless and time consuming.

FIREking
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

Really.

Actually i should have said the word you were tying to say, long, is spelled long, not loooooong.

Thanks for the "apon" fix, but i thought there were apon, and upon, didnt know for sure.

I knew i should have worded that differently.

FIREking

Since we're picking each other's nits, the word "I" is capitalized, even when it appears in the middle of a sentence.
In response to FIREking

You could have said that, but you'd still be wrooooooong. I said exactly what I meant to say, and I said/typed it correctly.

Well, it would be pointless, anyway. I only pointed out the "apon" because you asked for it.