ID:1378631

What? :P (I'm back btw.)
i see meat, rock, wood and gold but no mounts.
Hub link by chance?
Oh hi. That looks pretty interesting. Now I have to badger you for further details.
I actually haven't made a hub yet, I've been pretty busy as it is just getting this far during the first few weeks of college. :)
I hope this is like rymdkapsel with a more Dwarf Fortress feel.
I might as well write a little bit about the game while I have time.
Basically it's a competitive real-time strategy game that focuses on block-positioning, resource management, and spacial-planning skills to dominate your opponents. With your opponent and their fortress in full view, there is nothing left to surprise, and with the terrain generated as an exact replica, everything is on you to defeat your opponent and nothing is left to random chance. The idea of the game is that your villagers collect the four resources (wood, rock, meat, and gold) in order for you to build walls, productive structures, units, and upgrades. The entire game is playable with a mouse, no keyboard required unless you insist on using hot-keys. Place blocks using left click and rotate your current 90 degrees selected block using right click. When you make a compete wall surrounding a region, that region highlights to your colour and all structures within that region become active and can begin creating units or researching upgrades. Upgrading buildings in order for them to research more powerful upgrades requires your to place additional walls surrounding that building in order to accompany for the upgraded structure. Combat is based on the rock-paper-scissors effectiveness of Age of Empires with the three unit categories Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery. Securing your resources, planning for the future, and analyzing the optimal response to your opponent's developments are the keys to succeeding in Fortress Forever. :)

Just a tiny update! You can place semi-tetriminos and rotate them using left and right click respectively! I've built a few enclosed structures out of mountains to show this off! The white highlighted square is my next available tetrimino to place. :)
All is going fantastic so far! :)
Lookin' good!
In response to Oasiscircle
Nice work!
I love viewing your developments, Oasis. Always interesting in some way or another. Can't wait to see how this one goes, man!

Keep us informed.

Development was put on pause for last week, I had my first series of midterms for my classes! :) They went well, but I had to study a lot. :P

I changed the art style a bit so things are a lot more defined, and I've been messing around with the wall graphics (on my version at university they're darker and nicer looking) but I only have my labtop's version right now!
Hopefully I can get back into developing a little bit more than usual after this weekend, I've been having a ton of fun every time I do start programming again! :) I'll be working on the actual creation of fortresses after I get back to university. (I'm home for the weekend!)

Thanks for all the positive support, it really makes me smile to hear people are genuinely interested! :)

(Small note: I only have 2 days left on my membership! :/)
This is looking really good! Don't forget to holler if you find yourself needing music. ;)
In response to Eksadus
Thanks! I really appreciate it! :) I'll definitely come to you if I need some audio work done and I can't convince one of my friends to help me out! ;)