ID:137917

I released this yesterday, actually, but never upped the hub version because I thought we would sneak in a few more fixes. We did, but it ended up taking another day. So if by any chance you downloaded 295 yesterday and want the new version, you'll have to go the Download page and do it manually. I could have just upped the version to 296, but we are running out of numbers to stay in sync with the 2.0 release. I don't think it's going to happen, boys and girls.
Three point two words: add more digits! :)

On 6/10/01 2:53 pm Tom wrote:
I released this yesterday, actually, but never upped the hub version because I thought we would sneak in a few more fixes. We did, but it ended up taking another day. So if by any chance you downloaded 295 yesterday and want the new version, you'll have to go the Download page and do it manually. I could have just upped the version to 296, but we are running out of numbers to stay in sync with the 2.0 release. I don't think it's going to happen, boys and girls.

Just do what every other company out there does.

Many more releases. =)

If you still run out,

Many more releases. =)
I could have just upped the version to 296, but we are running out of numbers to stay in sync with the 2.0 release. I don't think it's going to happen, boys and girls.

On the other hand, this might be a good thing. Certainly a hundred updates merits a new leading digit, no? I'd say stick with the familiar incrementation and make the Big Release be BYOND 3.0 or 3.03 or 3.11 (that's as far as the original Windows got, if memory serves). Besides, having a "3" will give people the impression that the product has already been put through a lot of use and bug testing and refinement--which is, after all, the case!

Updating through Dreamseeker resulted in a complete crash of the exe file. I'm having to download again from scratch. Not sure what happened.

In response to Skysaw
Updating through Dreamseeker resulted in a complete crash of the exe file. I'm having to download again from scratch. Not sure what happened.

Just as a data point--I didn't encounter any such problem, but I was upgrading from 293.

Excerpt from Dantom's future press release of August 11th, 2001:

"We're really quite happy with the results of beta 299.71.367.5g. It really builds on the features added in three days ago with version 299.71.201."

I do not care about running out of numbers, my only concern is that the bugs get fixed and a better version is released everytime.
Thanks for fixing the stat panels! You're the grooviest!

/mob/skysaw
In response to Skysaw
/mob/skysaw

Ha! Surprisingly, you're the first to do that. ;-)