ID:1379201

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Should we require the BYOND Update from the pager require administrator access to run?
I think this will take care of a lot of these problems where files aren't properly being replaced.
Yes, probably.

One bug I always run into is related to running the pager in administrator mode. If I run the pager normally then try to use the updater, the installation will fail. It will be unable to close the pager and update it. Running the pager in administrator mode from the start then using the updater will successfully close the pager and update it.
The pager should, I'd hope, request UAC elevation when you go to use the updater. I dunno, I'd maybe go as far as calling it a bug that it doesn't, seen as the updater doesn't work for the expected use-case (standard install locations, run without privilege, hit update) of Vista+ users.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
The pager should, I'd hope, request UAC elevation when you go to use the updater. I dunno, I'd maybe go as far as calling it a bug that it doesn't, seen as the updater doesn't work for the expected use-case (standard install locations, run without privilege, hit update) of Vista+ users.

I've never had the BYOND Pager prompt for elevation rights when updating, at least that I can remember.