ID:1379337

So, for the past week, I've been secretly working on something. And it's pretty much done and I'm ready to show it off.

So what is it?
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/describe%20it.jpg
It's a card game.

You join a chatroom.
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/chatroom.png

Then you buy cards.
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/card%20shop.jpg

Then you use them to make a deck.
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/deck%20maker.jpg

I'm not going to go over the rules, but this is an entirely original card game with a set of rules and gameplay I have made from scratch. It may bear similarities to other card games, but in no way does it copy directly from any of them.

I will almost certainly have something to test within the next week. Though adding all of the cards I intend on adding will take me a lot longer, and there is always the possibility of adding more.

The few websites I've shown the game to so far were interested in it, so if it ends up popular I will see just how far I can take it (and by that I mean how much money I can make from it). All I need to do now is break it to them that I used BYOND to make it.

I still need a name for the game (suggestions welcome) and I need to start adding cards, but expect a preview version within a week or so.

PS. http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/cards%20done.png Here is some planned cards.

PPS. To whoever bought me a membership, cheers big ears.
I love the style of the cards :3 , looking good (:
You should call it Magic: The Continuance.

Actually I wouldn't know what to suggest for calling it, but I would love to play it when it gets more ready.
So much empty space on your maps.

Kidding, the art looks really nice- was it done by you?
so basically a scrolls clone omg be original pl0x
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Looks nothing like The Elder Scrolls.
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

thats your opinion
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

It looks like Pokemon TCG. The Layout..
Looks great. Perhaps give a special edition card for people that log in on the first day? Giving people something that is limited edition for logging in the first day will typically grab a few people's attention. Then, if they like the game, they'll stay!

Game name ideas:
-In the Cards
-Table battle
-Deck battles
-Card Wars
-Shuffle Showdown

Looks great and I can't wait to try it out!
You did this in a week? Great potential.
Man. I really need a name for this game, otherwise it's being called "Card Battle Online".

Also, at the rate I am going, expect a test to be available Monday at the latest. Just hope my internet connection can handle it.
Cards Reborn.

But no, it might be easier to think of a name if you told us the rules or how the game is played. Kind of like how basketball makes sense because... you toss a ball into a basket. Right now all we have to work with is cards with different characters on it and that's pretty much it.
The rules are pretty long and complex, but I can explain them.

You start off by making 4 different decks, each one has 20-30 cards. There is a monster deck, attack deck, support deck and mana deck.
Monster cards are the main type of card, they have a level, element, race and class. They all have 1 unique effect, and an amount of hp as well.
Attack cards are used by monster cards to attack. They have a requirement to use, and an element.
Support cards are usable cards that have some kind of effect when used, like drawing an extra card or so on. They also have an element.
Mana cards are cards that give you one of six types of mana. Every single card in the game has a cost associated with using it, you need the right mana to use a card.

At the start of the game, you draw 5 mana cards, then 1 monster, 3 attacks and 1 support card. Then the game starts.

A turn is divided into 4 stages.
The first is the draw phase, during this phase you always draw 1 mana card. Then you select 1 other card to draw.
Then is the start phase. Here you can summon monsters and use support cards, you can only summon 1 monster card per turn.
Then is the battle phase. Here you do battle, you select a monster, an attack to use, then a monster to attack. It the monsters hp drops to 0, it's defeated and sent to the graveyard.
The final phase is the end phase, it's like the start phase.
Then the turn passes to the other player.

You can win in one of two ways. The first is to directly attack the other player 3 times. You can usually only directly attack them if they have no monster cards in play.
The second way is to deplete all of the enemies decks so they have no cards to draw.

That is basically the game.
Mana/Monster Battle/Duel.
I've been working on this game less than 2 weeks now. It's actually been pretty easy so far. And it's a whole lot less monotonous than working on some other types of games.
"-if two monsters with equal attack power enter combat, the

monster with the greater amount of attack power wins."

wat
Sir, I do believe your game expresses a deep message - that one cannot destroy another without destroying himself in the process.
The best I have ATM is "Manasept". It was actually a mistake name because I thought you had seven mana instead of six for some reason ( so in reality it should be "Manahex" ) but Manasept sounds better anyway, and no one has to know about the mistake part. xD
Idk I like Manahex better.
Do you mean Manacept? I like the sound of that, even though I have no idea what cept even means or the what the significance of adding it to a word is.
Page: 1 2 3