It means seven in this case.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Do you mean Manacept? I like the sound of that, even though I have no idea what cept even means or the what the significance of adding it to a word is.

"Sept" is seven in Latin ( September was the seventh month until January and February got added ). For some reason I misread and thought you had seven different types of mana, which would've been the significance of naming your game "Manasept", but you have six, so the name, while still sounding neat, doesn't really have relevance unless you were to add a seventh type of mana which is a lot of unnecessary work.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Technically, there is more like 12 types of mana. Half are a mixture of two.

Also, sticking "cept" on the end of the word apparent is latin for calling. So Manacept would be Mana Calling, and provided you need mana to do anything it kind of makes sense.
Manacept it is!

Oh and that'll be $50.00. What, you thought my name creation services were free? PAY UP!
In response to EmpirezTeam
Sure thing buddy. I'll give it to you in ingame currency. Login sometime to redeem it.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Sure thing buddy. I'll give it to you in ingame currency. Login sometime to redeem it.

Sleep with one eye open.
So, the game is ready for testing. And it's going to need a LOT of it.

http://www.byond.com/games/TheMagicMan/Manacept
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/ndeckeditor.png

So I made the deck editor better.

It now lists how many cards you have total, in a deck and how many the search results return.

You can search cards by race.

You can toggle searching on and off and the buttons highlight what you are searching for.

Cards you own are not listed individually, but a number represents how many of each type you own in total.

Also, I'm going to have to test it, but I think Dream Daemon crashes either when you try to save a lot of objects, or really long lists.
thats much better, last night i nearly went insane trying to figure out how to make a deck
ill duel you after i eat dinner
My internet died dueling yutput lol.
dont lie, your internet didnt die you were just losing and decided to ragequit
Actually I made slight comeback that turn.

A game I had with Maybenot, I got my hand up to the edge of the screen and couldn't see my own mana Needless to say with my superior hand size I won.

I forgot to take a screenshot but he managed to.
So, today I added another 20 or so monsters, bringing the total to 91, and about 25 attack cards bringing the total to 75ish. That means there is over 200 cards now, which isn't even half of what I have planned for the initial release.

Tomorrow I'm going to work on how shops distribute cards because it's not fun getting 6 attack cards (of which 3 are the same) and 1 monster card in a pack.
Small update since I'm not hosting the game right now.

Since I stopped hosting it I've fixed like 20 billion bugs.
I've added 45 monster cards, bringing the total to around 135.
I've added 8 attack cards, bringing the total to about 100.
And I've added 30 support cards, making the total 71.
Once I add another 45 monster cards, probably 10-20 attack cards, and at least 50 support cards I will consider the game ready for an initial release.

I've added some more art to the game too, mostly to attack cards but this is something I'll continue doing as I work on the game more.

I'm going to start working on an auction house and trading features as well, so players can trade cards between themselves.

Once these are done and some minor polishing in a lot of areas, I'll probably consider the game finished enough to be released. Though depending on how successful it is or isn't I'll probably continue adding future updates to it.

I expect this to be done by next weekend or so at the latest.
This needs more players no one is ever on. :(
In response to Jittai
Game isn't entirely ready for serious play yet, and I'm not advertising it as such, so it doesn't have many players.

Also, game delayed for a week. Blame Terraria 1.2.

But I do have a fully functional auction house added.
I probably should of paged you but I left some chat about cards that didn't work right- not sure if you ever got it.

A few support cards that had constant effects didn't work at all and many applied their effects on both players when they shouldn't. Fairies effects also drained both people.

Also some effects that had "on turn start" applied on both player's turn starts which I felt like was not accurate.

Good luck.
In response to Jittai
Yeah, I should have fixed every effect like that now. Most bugs should be fixed now, but it still needs a whole lot of testing.
Page: 1 2 3