ID:138108

This forum now operates off the same key authentication system used for the hub and DS. Hopefully it will all work without a hitch. I'm planning to put this login info on the sidebar so everything is well organized.

You can know automatically generate http and byond-style links (the latter will auto-convert so that the links automatically launch DS). You need merely to specify the link with a // protocol, eg: http://www.byond.com.

The forum also has a server-side read-message feature so that you'll never miss any posts. It should be pretty self-explanatory once you have logged in. In a nutshell, forums with new messages will be colored red in the index.

Enjoy!
On 3/30/01 11:36 pm Tom wrote:
The forum also has a server-side read-message feature so that you'll never miss any posts. It should be pretty self-explanatory once you have logged in. In a nutshell, forums with new messages will be colored red in the index.

Enjoy!

Thanks, this will help me a lot.

Messages don't appear to be showing up in read yet (I am logged in), but I did notice that hitting "mark all as read" pops me out of the frameset...
In response to Deadron
On 3/31/01 12:15 am Deadron wrote:

Enjoy!

Thanks, this will help me a lot.

Messages don't appear to be showing up in read yet (I am logged in), but I did notice that hitting "mark all as read" pops me out of the frameset...

This one should be in red though! (if it isn't, it's broken). The forum assumes that any messages posted by you are read, and it starts off new accounts with all messages read.

Hmm, I think I made a poor choice of colors. Red = unread!

I'll fix the frame problem right now.
In response to Tom
On 3/31/01 12:17 am Tom wrote:
This one should be in red though! (if it isn't, it's broken). The forum assumes that any messages posted by you are read, and it starts off new accounts with all messages read.

Yup yours was the first red message...

I'm loving it already! Suddenly I can be 100% sure I have read all the new posts. You can't believe what a relief that is over the previous situation.

This is made really possible by the color change of the forum name -- so that if you happen to read the last posted message but not some others and come back later, you'll still know there are unread messages hiding under there.

I had one case where a message was a bit ornery about registering as read...but this hasn't repeated yet so I don't know what the path to that was.
<font size="-5" color="#222222">nothing of importance</font>
In response to Air Mapster
On 4/2/01 8:28 am Air Mapster wrote:

Nice. I'll have to add that to BIKE GODS some day when I get a chance. Not that it'll be terribly useful there. One suggestion - how about a global "Mark all as read" link on the index page?

And while we're adding features, how about timezone support for those who aren't in PDT? Oh, uh, heh, nevermind. I'll shut up now.

Ack, this post too! It won't get marked as unread when I read it!

(Well, at least normal anchor tags work. Oh, and Air Mapster, this is for you:

< < <

=)