ID:138791

Code:

Problem description:

I just updated my game, but something that sticks out is that the movement for all mobs and objects is very..poppy. Instead of gliding nicely, with the icons movement state, it just pops the atom into the next space on the grid, sometimes flicking the first frame of the movement state.

Was there some sort of update I missed?
Do you have the standards set?

/*
These are simple defaults for your project.
*/

world
fps = 25 // 25 frames per second
icon_size = 32 // 32x32 icon size by default

view = 6 // show up to 6 tiles outward from center (13x13 view)

// Make objects move 8 pixels per tick when walking

mob
step_size = 8

obj
step_size = 8
In response to A.T.H.K
I've checked over these settings, none seem to be the problem. I'm working with a 32 step size.
In response to Alexander08
Unless I'm mistaken 32 step size makes you take 32 steps per tick while moving, which will jump you to the next tile (if your icon size is 32 that is).
In response to Timelimit
I don't think thats the issue. I tried fooling around with step_size and nothing seems to work.

If anyone wants to know what the glitch actually looks like, I have a server up of the game:

http://www.byond.com/games/Alexander08/PokemonOrigins
In response to Alexander08
Alexander08 wrote:
I'm working with a 32 step size.

There's your problem, setting the step_size to 32 will do what you described. You might want to look at animate_movement as well.
In response to SuperAntx

I know this sounds like a "Make Work" solution, but I took an older version of my game and started replacing each DM file one by one from my glitched version. The file that finally glitched the new source I was working with was the map.

I still have a step_size of 32.

So problem solved, not sure how, but I thought I'd post this just in case someone else gets a similar problem.