ID:1389318

Hello Byond....ers?(I'm sure some Grammar Nazi will give me the right introduction word eventually.)

Not too long ago I ran into the problem of just who was the best choice for hosting. And like every other post I ran into they suggested

Byond Panel

Well, I finally got a host. And it isnt from this service. I feel the guy needs some exsposure. he goes by the name

Distantworld101

Through the 7 shell / vps hosters I've paid for, he is the best and the cheapest.

Whenever I asked for help the guy even went to the degree of going on teamviewer and helping me out. I'll take it a step further and say that he created a program to autoboot my game anytime it crashed. Now that, that is what I call Gangsta.

(The prices were so cheap and service so good that I thought it was troll.)

So for those that aren't using Byond Panel, I recommend :

http://www.byond.com/members/ DistantWorld101?command=view_post&post=1375968&first_unread= 1

Byond's Gangsta
I, personally, find that BYONDPanel has proven to be invaluable to me over the last nearly a year or so. A.T.H.K has been very helpful, and the service is top-notch. It's good, though, to see more competition in the BYOND-hosting market.

Any chance this guy offers a browser-based control panel as sexy as BYONDPanel's?
In response to Magicmann
Thanks for the mention Magicmann!
https://securedragon.net/kvm.php

Have used em for about a year now have had 0 problems no speed issues support is almost instant sometimes minimum of an hour response usually around 10 minutes depending on the time / day.

$5 plan is all you really need to host a game.
In response to Gokussj99
Or, for $8 you can get a BYONDPanel package with four times the RAM, twice as much storage space (that is SSD space, not HDD space like that Secure Dragon place, and a panel that's tailor made just for BYOND.
In response to Magicmann
Not to mention the server is fully managed by BYONDPanel unlike the deal above where it's an unmanaged KVM VPS.

Plus the TOS says

All Services:
"2) You may not run any unattended process that requires server resources for long durations" - DreamDaemon does so.
"8) You may not run any process that utilizes "unused" CPU (i.e. WorldCommunityGrid, SETI@home, FOLDING@home, etc...)"
"9) You may not run game servers (such as Minecraft)." - DreamDaemon can run games
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
"8) You may not run any process that utilizes "unused" CPU (i.e. WorldCommunityGrid, SETI@home, FOLDING@home, etc...)"

Wait, so are you bringing this up because BYONDPanel's spare CPU cycles are donated to distributed computing platforms?
In response to Magicmann
Huh no sorry, that's the TOS from https://securedragon.net/

I don't even know what those things are!
They're programs that devote unused CPU cycles to projects like SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) to help them augment the massive CPU requirements for their data processing. You process a bit of data for them using idle CPU and send back the results.
Ahh sounds pretty awesome I suppose I could do that with some idle servers until someone buys them.
Keep in mind, it's not just CPU, it's bandwidth to send/receive the data you process.
In response to Nadrew
Of course, I have copious amounts of that buying in bulk is worth the price drop.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Not to mention the server is fully managed by BYONDPanel unlike the deal above where it's an unmanaged KVM VPS.

Plus the TOS says

All Services:
"2) You may not run any unattended process that requires server resources for long durations" - DreamDaemon does so.
"9) You may not run game servers (such as Minecraft)." - DreamDaemon can run games

Only on the open ones KVM is dedicated resources ive had 100% going for days before on one of the vps's and have had no issues.

And i have talked to the owner he has no issues with running DreamDaemon for i have been running dream daemon on the kvm for 8 months now.
Gtfo off my topic, this was for a shoutout to
Distantworld101

Not for you to spam your specs of your own hosting services. Byond's gangsta don't give a F*** about Byondpanel.
I wish we could "block" people on the website so we don't see their posts... I feel embarrassed for Rod, going on as if he was a "gangsta" whilst playing a Naruto game. :/ I'd rather not see it.
In response to Liam Howe
Liam Howe wrote:
I wish we could "block" people on the website so we don't see their posts... I feel embarrassed for Rod, going on as if he was a "gangsta" whilst playing a Naruto game. :/ I'd rather not see it.

I agree here.

Don't post on the forums if you don't want people to post their opinions on the matter too. It's going to happen.
<.<
Hi, Daniel. How's it going? Long time no chat. Yep. We should get together something, y'know?

@Rod5: Too much violence in you. Don't publicize something if you don't want other people to respond unexpectedly. It's always bound to happen. Especially since you yourself are advertising.

--

As for BYONDPanel, still a good hosting service for BYOND. I didn't know about it though until my second year in hosting. This would have to be my third year. Seems to be pretty widely know and in my opinion, you've done a great job with the design, A.T.H.K. Bravo! :)
Yeah I support distant world u guys should try it cheap,good and fast

And a good thing

if we quit half way through month and decided to come back another time. We can start off were you left off also

Try it http://www.distants-world.com/