ID:138994

Problem description:

Ok, so I had a window, which I had to turn into a pane. But once I did, all of the childs in that window that I had just turned into a pane were no longer functional or working.

Does anybody know why this happened, because I don't have a clue.
Thanks in advance.
A pane can't show up, unless it is embedded into a child of another window. So, did you put the pane into the child of another window?

And if you did, the id of everything in the pane will now be different. (Since it is now in a window, the id will have the added "window.child." (or is it just "window."?) to the front of it.)
Though, it's possible that's not an issue, since you can refer to some things by just their name, if there are no duplicates. (For example, the reference says to refer to maps by just their names, since every map should have a unique identifier.)

So, in the code of your project, the id's of everything that used winget, winset, etc. for the window you made a pane will now have to have that changed to match the new id. (Try using #define macros, so that this problem never arises. e.g. <code>#define MAP_WINDOW "mainwindow.map"</code> and then <code>winget(<player>, MAP_WINDOW, <params>)</code>.)
In response to Complex Robot
Hm, nope none of that was it, but i figured out a way to get it working. I had to set it in the code, like this:

winset(src,"MainWindow.MainChild","left=MainPane")
winset(src,"MainPane.chatchild1","left=Chat")
winset(src,"MainPane.hudchild1","left=Hud")
winset(src,"MainPane.taskchild","left=TaskPane")

Now i don't quite understand why i had to put this into the code, and have it run this at Login, when i already had it set in the actual .dmf file.
In response to Arcticblast
Might be a BYOND bug.
Sounds pretty annoying.